LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Romier S

Resident Evil 2 Remake Announced at PS Conference

45 minutes ago, Romier S said:

You really should try "The Evil Within" if you already haven't.

Speaking of The Evil Within, did you see Leon's Noir costume that's included with the Deluxe Edition?

Anyway, I probably will play it at some point. Too many games.

Yeah that Noir costume isnt accidental at all lol.

latest?cb=20171024015104 

Arklay Sheriff is straight Rick Grimes from Walking Dead...

Rick-Grimes-the-walking-dead-17442437-16

Those look great! It's nice to see that you can unlock some new costumes as well in the regular version. I was worried that the regular version wouldn't feature any.

Another 15 minutes of gameplay has been released, this time showing off Claire exploring the lower levels of the police station as well as a licker encounter.

I'm posting it here so that you guys can ignore it and not watch it. ☺️

• Like 2

Demo coming January 11!

Thirty minutes. That’s how much time you’ll have with the Resident Evil 2 “1-Shot” Demo when it becomes available for PS4 on January 11! As the name suggests, you can play as much as you like for thirty minutes of in-game time, but once the clock runs out, so does the demo.

• Like 2

Nice. I really wanted to try this before I threw money at it so I’m pleased they’re giving us a taste.

Don’t plan to bother. So close to release and it’s a guaranteed purchase. I look forward to the tech analysis, though. I still have the PS4 version preordered but if the X version is a major upgrade, I’ll be switching.

Man, that RE Engine is still a thing of beauty. I had a really good time with the demo, smooth motion, nice touches. Leon doesn’t look quite the same, but I’ll live.

It’s also gory as shit! Lotta very gooey entrails shortly into the demo and I blew half a zombie’s head clean off with a well-aimed pistol shot.

Usual tricks of shooting out the legs work, which is nice to see. It’s super fun to be back in the RPD building, though it’s SO damn good looking you can hardly compare.

I ended up playing both the PS4 and the Xbox demos. The X version is a bit more refined visually with a stronger temporal antialiasing solution (that’s a guess) that results in a bit less shimmering but a softer image. It looks and runs identical to the game on the Pro otherwise. I’ll likely switch to the X but the differences are minute between the two, frankly. Both support HDR and both look lovely though there are some low resolution textures throughout that I hope get sorted prior to release. 

I ended up butting against the 30 minute timer on the Pro before completing the demo but I finished it in 19 minutes on the X having done my exploring on the Pro. Definitely hyped as hell for this!

I have to say - the lack of music was disappointing as hell. What’s there is mostly ambient and nowhere near the amazing score of the original game. They couldn’t even be bothered to loop the safe room music though that could be a demo thing. 

Im highly interested in the Classic soundtrack option because the music was the one part of the demo that left a bad taste for me.

6 hours ago, Romier S said:

I ended up playing both the PS4 and the Xbox demos. The X version is a bit more refined visually with a stronger temporal antialiasing solution (that’s a guess) that results in a bit less shimmering but a softer image. It looks and runs identical to the game on the Pro otherwise. I’ll likely switch to the X but the differences are minute between the two, frankly. Both support HDR and both look lovely though there are some low resolution textures throughout that I hope get sorted prior to release. 

I ended up butting against the 30 minute timer on the Pro before completing the demo but I finished it in 19 minutes on the X having done my exploring on the Pro. Definitely hyped as hell for this!

I look forward to the DF video. I’d sooner go PS5 as Playstation just feels like home for me with this game. I’m still unlikely to pick it up until later in the year though as I’ve more to tackle in my backlog.

I haven’t downloaded the demo yet. I’m still trying to complete Resident Evil Revelations 2 for my REplay project before the full game releases on the 25th. I am hyped to hear that people like the demo though. My biggest fear has been that the RE2 remake doesn’t live up to the hype and just disappoints everyone.