Jump to content
LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Romier S

Resident Evil 2 Remake Announced at PS Conference

Recommended Posts

Congrats!

 

I'm thinking of trying to a Leon A speedrun in the near future. I was going to do Claire A/Leon B but I'm a bit played out on the standard story type of runs at the moment and really just want to focus on gameplay. I'm going to try and get the 4th Survivor done this weekend than maybe try that Leon speedrun. I've seen folks do it in less than an hour online and got some good tips for how to handle it. We'll see how it goes.:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was trying to decide what to do next myself, and I want to try all the runs in the trophy list. I think I might go ahead and do Claire B hardcore and then do the faster runs once I've had a chance to get to know the game and enjoy the story. The downside of doing it this way is you don't get to use any special weapons you can get from other runs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Angry the Clown said:

Have any of you been playing this in Dolby Atmos?

Technically, yes.  But I haven't had the time or energy this week to play much at all.  I've only got past the first station section so far.  So I haven't had a chance to have thoughts on that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4th survivor complete! 10:51 was my final time. That was hectic and fun but man that last section was a bitch that I barely survived lol.

 

Tofu survivor next.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Starhawk said:

Does Tofu unlock only after beating 4th Survivor at a certain time? 

After beating the 4th Survivor, yeah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mark E said:

Man, I am finding the Claire B side brutal as hell, even with the grenade launcher.

Claire’s campaign in general is overall harder than Leon’s, IMO. Mr. X is a bigger pain in the ass when he shows up and more lickers to contend with in bunched up hallways.

 

Im finishing up a Claire A hardcore run as we speak (about to fight Birkin in the lab). I’m trying to get in under the 3:30 time mark to S rank it but it’s gonna be tight.

 

I think this’ll be the last full run I do for a bit. Leon B doesn’t really interest me given the lack of difference having played A enough times. Tofu and maybe, maybe an assisted Leon A run just to get the achievement for never opening the item box are calling but I need to move on. I have Ace Combat 7 waiting for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, the lickers suck, though I have just started unloading more weaponry into them as a rule. But I am finding ammo scarce and the weapon spread is annoying - because of the scarcity I have to carry several guns at once whereas Leon mostly dealt with a shotgun and handgun for a large chunk of it.

 

Claire’s handling two handguns and a grenade launcher and a sub machine gun. Plus, as noted, Mr. X being a dick it’s a much more brutal experience.

 

I mean, I’ll make it through. But I’m practically down to first aid sprays as a health item and that hasn’t happened to me in an RE game in years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A single fire round of the grenade launcher at relatively close range should put down a licker and you should be dedicating most of your gun powder to creating acid rounds. You shouldn’t have to unload much into them at all.

 

As as far as handguns are concerned, put the SLS60 away ASAP in the 2nd Run. The Quickdraw Army gun should be your main weapon as all the ammo you find laying around is for it and the SLS60 doesn’t really come into play until later when it can shoot upgraded rounds (during the A campaign for Claire, the calculus changes as the SLS60 is the main gun since the Quickdraw is a 2nd run only weapon). The Quickdraw is amazing once you get used to it! It’s much more powerful than the stock SLS60 and it might be my favorite handgun in the game.

 

Plus you get another handgun later that’s more useable with standard 9mm bullets but even then, I didn’t spend much gun powder on 9mm bullets when acid rounds are much much more useful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gah! Missed it by 4 minutes! May load up an earlier save and see if I can shave off some time.0BC1DE3C-8ABD-49C2-A88C-6A28342C3631.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn! Yeah that’s one thing I did on hardcore was keep a bunch of saves in case I had to go back. I actually didn’t know 3:30 was the time to be on that level. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Starhawk said:

Damn! Yeah that’s one thing I did on hardcore was keep a bunch of saves in case I had to go back. I actually didn’t know 3:30 was the time to be on that level. 

 

It shows on the results screen. It’s the time for S Rank for alll difficulties. Rank S+ is hitting the time and doing three saves or less.

 

I was pretty sloppy with my time in the game. I watched a lot of the story stuff when I should have skipped it and I didn’t do a lot of the knife strategies on the bosses like I did with Leon cause it sort of breaks the game a bit (seriously, you can take out Birkin’s first form purely with a knife faster than with any weapons). I’ll load up a save from when I started the lab and see if I can speed things up. Frankly, I went back and forth for certain items I didn’t really need. I had health and ammo coming out of my ears and all you really need for the 4th Birkin form is two knives, the mini-gun and as much health as you can carry.:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Romier S said:

A single fire round of the grenade launcher at relatively close range should put down a licker and you should be dedicating most of your gun powder to creating acid rounds. You shouldn’t have to unload much into them at all.

 

As as far as handguns are concerned, put the SLS60 away ASAP in the 2nd Run. The Quickdraw Army gun should be your main weapon as all the ammo you find laying around is for it and the SLS60 doesn’t really come into play until later when it can shoot upgraded rounds (during the A campaign for Claire, the calculus changes as the SLS60 is the main gun since the Quickdraw is a 2nd run only weapon). The Quickdraw is amazing once you get used to it! It’s much more powerful than the stock SLS60 and it might be my favorite handgun in the game.

 

Plus you get another handgun later that’s more useable with standard 9mm bullets but even then, I didn’t spend much gun powder on 9mm bullets when acid rounds are much much more useful.

 

Im playing Claire for the first time and just about to get to Birkin on her B scenario. The two handguns threw me off at first especially after Leon who only has one. I’ll take the advice here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Romier S said:

 

It shows on the results screen. It’s the time for S Rank for alll difficulties. Rank S+ is hitting the time and doing three saves or less.

 

I was pretty sloppy with my time in the game. I watched a lot of the story stuff when I should have skipped it and I didn’t do a lot of the knife strategies on the bosses like I did with Leon cause it sort of breaks the game a bit (seriously, you can take out Birkin’s first form purely with a knife faster than with any weapons). I’ll load up a save from when I started the lab and see if I can speed things up. Frankly, I went back and forth for certain items I didn’t really need. I had health and ammo coming out of my ears and all you really need for the 4th Birkin form is two knives, the mini-gun and as much health as you can carry.:)

 

Wait, this article says the hardcore time to beat is 2:30 (3:30 on standard). Not 100% sure if this is correct, but maybe don’t kill yourself trying to get those 4 minutes. 

 

https://gamewith.net/residentevil2/article/show/3750

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×