LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Romier S

Resident Evil 2 Remake Announced at PS Conference

2 minutes ago, Starhawk said:

Im playing Claire for the first time and just about to get to Birkin on her B scenario. The two handguns threw me off at first especially after Leon who only has one. I’ll take the advice here. 

Save before you fight him. Take a knife. As soon as the fight starts, run up to him and start knifing him while moving slightly to his left. Keep knifing and moving. If he hits you, heal and repeat. Make sure not to hit the button to stab him if he grabs you. Just heal date and keep hitting him with the knife.

You’re welcome.:)

1 minute ago, Romier S said:

Save before you fight him. Take a knife. As soon as the fight starts, run up to him and start knifing him while moving slightly to his left. Keep knifing and moving. If he hits you, heal and repeat. Make sure not to hit the button to stab him if he grabs you. Just heal date and keep hitting him with the knife.

You’re welcome.:)

I saw that on a guy’s speedrun last night! I tried it once before I quit tonight just to see. He did eventually take me down, so I’ll heal when I play it for real. 

5 minutes ago, Starhawk said:

Wait, this article says the hardcore time to beat is 2:30 (3:30 on standard). Not 100% sure if this is correct, but maybe don’t kill yourself trying to get those 4 minutes. 

https://gamewith.net/residentevil2/article/show/3750

You might be right. The game doesn’t care if you use unlocked weapons to get the S rank so the expectation may be using them will speed you up. Though you can’t use them for S+. Either way, it won’t take me too much time to test.

The only boss that gives me trouble is the second Birkin form where you to use the big crate. Fuck! I hate that fight.

I like the crate fight, it reminds me of the airplane fight in Code Veronica. Which they should 100% Remake.

I just hit the lab as Claire, gonna wrap this quite shortly. Just enough RE2 for me for the moment.

1 hour ago, Mark E said:

I like the crate fight, it reminds me of the airplane fight in Code Veronica. Which they should 100% Remake.

I just hit the lab as Claire, gonna wrap this quite shortly. Just enough RE2 for me for the moment.

Another fight I detest in a game I otherwise love.:)

1 hour ago, Romier S said:

That goddamn sniper fight in the snow is much worse by my count. It’s miserable.

3 hours ago, Mark E said:

I like the crate fight, it reminds me of the airplane fight in Code Veronica.

2 hours ago, Romier S said:

21 minutes ago, Mark E said:

That goddamn sniper fight in the snow is much worse by my count. It’s miserable.

Boys, boys... they both suck. 😉

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, JFo said:

Boys, boys... they both suck. 😉

Ha, you're probably right. It's been a good number of years since I've revisited Code Veronica so I'll take your word for it given that you've played it recently.

Moving the conversation back to RE2, the last Claire run I did on Hardcore was done with the original soundtrack enabled. It just felt right.:) I was impressed by how well they integrated the original soundtrack into some of the new music. It was done with care and wasn't just shoddily thrown in as a forgettable extra for fans like me. It helped to shine a light once again on the incredible work the development team did in capturing the feel of the original game through the remakes level design. I can't help but heap praise by how completely this feels like Resident Evil 2 in 1998 while still feeling like an entirely modern new experience. It takes talent to walk that tight rope and I just love the experience despite some disappointment in how the A/B scenario was handled.

Phew, Claire B done. Rank C and almost eight hours. Lotta deaths in there, yoiks! Great game and hard as hell but manageable. Awesome start to the year.

3 hours ago, Dimness said:

Silly question: physical copy or download this game?

Not sure it really matters. Do what you please, I guess. I downloaded it, but I just download all of my games anyway, so that's not any different than what I usually do.

• Like 2

On 2/2/2019 at 1:43 PM, Romier S said:

lol my new avatar....

59900EE1-5C3F-4E27-A7FD-C690F7EA8C7F.png

I just realized this--he kind of looks like Eric Trump.

eric_trump_smile.jpg

45 minutes ago, Romier S said:

It’s not the RE2 remake we needed but it’s the one we deserved .....

WTF?

Four million units shipped worldwide.

Here's a direct link to the developer roundtable (part 1):