LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Romier S

Destiny 2 Forsaken E3 Story Trailer

Currently in Edinburgh, but when I’m home I’ll have to figure out:

1) whether I need any more Destiny right now (getting to my current 271 Light means I’ve got a massive backlog of other games)

2) what I should buy as someone who only has the base release and no expansions yet

but there is a reason I keep playing it rather than anything else. 

Wrapped up the Forsaken campaign this morning. Thoroughly enjoyed the direction of it, the structure of it, and the level design of the new expansion areas. Of course, it helps that Prison Of Elders/Reef was one of my favourite D1 areas. The 'quality of life' changes that came along with the expansion are exactly what I needed (the random rolls, the weapon layout changes etc) to bring back the joy of the grind so to speak, from D1. Next, time to dive into the Dreaming City.

• Like 1

This year's Halloween "Festival" has started. Basically a reworking of the Infinite Forest, limited time runs, earning tokens to spend on masks + other fripperies, including a level 600 gun. There's some new story opening up too, about a murder in the tower, towards the end of it. 

Not only on sale, but the whole thing including the base game and first two expansions is mere £2.75 extra on PC over the £29.74 they want for Forsaken alone. Which is ludicrous value, if anyone is looking to move platform.

• Like 1

Thanks to the updates for D2 Forsaken and the bundle simplification and a sale I bought the upgrade for PC so yay. I’ve already played through most of the story missions but, can’t get enough of Gambit mode :) They are doing a refer-a-friend thing now too if anyone wants an invite. You get some rare items (some goofy ones too) and a discount on the upgrade to Forsaken.

I’m considering it, but having just recently spent money on the first two expansions I’m kind of grumping about then for the moment. 

Black Armoury updates, seasons roadmaps, and good overview of where the team is at, production wise. 

Seasons_Annual_Pass_Calendar.jpg

I know I'm happy with the "drip feed" approach of new content every few weeks instead of one big-ish dollop & then nothing. I think that's calendar is a good mix of free content/rewards, level increases, and content for us season pass owners ;) 

• Like 1

This is a really nice update map-very happy with this. They genuinely seem to be listening to player feedback and fixing all the stupid release issues they created for themselves in 2018. They seem to be doing much better lately and the game feels better to me as a player so I’m looking forward to the next season of content. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Magness said:

This is a really nice update map-very happy with this. They genuinely seem to be listening to player feedback and fixing all the stupid release issues they created for themselves in 2018. They seem to be doing much better lately and the game feels better to me as a player so I’m looking forward to the next season of content. 

Pretty much my feelings. The balance/load-out changes done around Forsaken were exactly what I wanted. And the structure of Tangled Shorelines/Dreaming City has been *really* well done - I'm still exploring the City & have a bunch of stuff still to do in it, just hit 599. This structure of rolling updates over weeks, instead of one big dollop, looks to be the right approach for this game. 

They did reduce the impact of my favourite weapon, the Ikkellos shotgun, but in its favour, that 'nerfed' perk is now going to show up on other weapons. 

• Like 1

I started playing this game again last week after basically ignoring it for the last year. It’s really grabbed a hold of me, so much so, got all the DLC finally. But the LCVG clan seems long dead.

Is anyone here in an active clan that doesn’t mind a low level warlock, currently 245 light level? Think I’m going to stay pretty active, thought I don’t have the annual pass yet, probably will pick it up once the holidays are done.

on PS4 by the way

• Like 1

Yeah, I play near daily (or at least every three days or so) and have a clan with workmates, but we're on xbox, sorry. There's some big discord communities with ties to the likes of ResetEra that will likely help you out. The clan bonuses aren't huge, but they are a few engrams a week. 

Masterworked my oven tonight :)

• Like 1

Queen's Oracle in the Dreaming City this week is awesome. So glad I hadn't read spoilers. Make sure you lean in to the table. 

Bungie just announced they are taking over all publishing control from activison.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, JoeyN said:

Bungie just announced they are taking over all publishing control from activison.

That’s a very surprising and interesting development. I wonder why Activision was willing to let it go. 

More info on the split:

https://kotaku.com/bungie-splits-with-activision-1831651740#amp-1oEpJSy89RTpW3VPYjo7KBRdhtHALI0wz7qXEsdjATXTFOGONJF8qB9I8egHsDmj

Sounds like the PC version will remain on Battle.net, but I wonder for how long. 

Will be be interesting to see if any major changes are made to the game that couldn’t have been done under Activision (besides a change in yearly releases).