LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Angry the Clown

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate [Switch] - Dec 7th 2018. ALL of the characters.

Just got done with th molton lava castle. Fun stuff! I’m having a good time with Mario as my main but I’m counting down until the moment I unlock Simon/Richter to switch. Yoshi is a bit of a bastard, isn’t he? No wonder he’s Daniel’s main.;)

Oh and I figured out the Super Smash trigger. I did Mario’s last night which was a treat.

• Haha 1

In adventure I have been using Kirby because I like his upper special and his downward specials (especially since the air drop takes the form of a variety of items, like spiked balls, Thwomps, and Zelda treasure chests :P).

Mario once in a while. I stupidly passed up the chance to unlock Marth, which was very unfortunate - he was my main pretty much non-stop in Melee and I know his move set super well.

3 hours ago, Mark E said:

In adventure I have been using Kirby because I like his upper special and his downward specials (especially since the air drop takes the form of a variety of items, like spiked balls, Thwomps, and Zelda treasure chests :P).

Mario once in a while. I stupidly passed up the chance to unlock Marth, which was very unfortunate - he was my main pretty much non-stop in Melee and I know his move set super well.

Are you talking about the three way crossroad in the very beginning? If so

you’ll be able to come back that pretty quick after going to the molton caves (if you took the northern road).

10 hours ago, Romier S said:

I’m counting down until the moment I unlock Simon/Richter to switch.

I just unlocked Simon tonight. I defeated him with Bayonetta. I played one match with him on the Luigi’s Mansion stage against Wii Fit Trainer. 

Seriously, is this game even real? It feels like a fever dream or something.

• Like 1

Received this little diddy yesterday.

http://www.8bitdo.com/gbros/

Nice for not only the GC controller but it lets me use the NES Classic or SNES Classic controller on the Switch fit NES games. It also gives me a portable home and screenshot button to work with when playing docked.

Current roster - 24/90, significantly less in World of Light. I just found the sub dungeon to unlock the other directions so soon my boy Marth will be back.

Also, how great was it having the dungeon blocked by a fight with the Boom Boom spirit from Mario 3? This game has a very sly sense of humour.

Got this for Calvin for Xmas, and as I expected, the first thing he asked was whether he could play as Bowser...  So we started through world of light, and it's pretty hard.  I found the basic control explanation in the menu, but is there no actual tutorial in this for someone who's never really played a Smash Bros game before?  I've been muddling my way through it, but I'm not really sure what I'm doing.  Seems super chaotic, and while some fights are pretty straightforward, there are a few that are downright impossible (can't remember their names, but it's a 2 on 1 with 2 fire emblem characters in a match where your defense gets reduced by quite a bit).  Not quite sure what the mechanics are on specials vs normals vs smash attacks, and when/how you should use them, so just sort of making things up as I go...

That video was extremely helpful, thanks for posting it. Like ChrisBardon, I just got Super Smash Bros Ultimate and I don't have any previous Super Smash Bros experience so I find myself button-mashing a lot with little idea of what's going on, what I'm supposed to be doing, etc.

I agree with this tweet.

Piranha Plant is such a goofy choice for a fighter, but it totally works. I love its Up Special, which is like a mixture of Link’s spin attach move and a helicopter. Be sure to grab it if you haven’t already.

• Like 2

I’m definitely looking forward to trying Piranha Plant. I’ll patch the game up this weekend as I haven’t played much Smash in the last few weeks. I need a hit. 😀

So, I'm a little over 22 hours into "World of Light" now, and I think I'm... about half-way done?  I can definitely see why it takes 30 hours or more to finish. It's a huge undertaking with hundreds of individual battles to complete. Many of them are fairly easy, and can be completed in one or two tries. Others, though, will have you throwing your controller across the room in frustration. Some of the hardest spirits I've freed so far are Geno (from Super Mario RPG), The Boss (from Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater), and Pauline (from Donkey Kong and Super Mario Odyssey). I still have a bunch of fighters to awaken, and many, many skills to unlock in the skill tree.

In addition, I'm also trying to complete Classic Mode with all the fighters—also a big undertaking, given the fact that there are 72 fighters total (the Mii fighters can't be used in Classic Mode). I'll do it eventually. I just need to put the time in to get there. 

• Like 1

Current status on World of Light. I think I'm on the last map screen now. Finally. I can see the err... light. It's still going to be a long haul to get there though.

2019022222513600-0E7DF678130F4F0FA2C88AE72B47AFDF.jpg

• Like 2