LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
JoeyN

PICARD Returns in new Trek series

Video here of Stewart making the announcement. Series will take place 20 years after Nemesis. Is he is the head of Starfleet or back home running his winery? Only time will tell.

• Epic Post 1

If the show doesn’t feature at least 5 shirt readjustments in the first episode, then this timeline we live in has failed.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

10 hours ago, OldDarth said:
Is he is the head of Starfleet or back home running his winery? Only time will tell.

Would watch if it's literally just him on a winery where nothing happens and there's no dialogue. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Angry the Clown said:

Would watch if it's literally just him on a winery where nothing happens and there's no dialogue. 

Exactly

2 hours ago, Dimness said:

I've only seen one episode of Next Generation, and I've never seen DS9.  Which do I fix first?

2 hours ago, Whooter said:

:colbert:

I'd start with TNG.  The first season or so is pretty dire in places, so stick with it.

The show really takes off with Season 3, but I love it so much it’s hard to recommend anything other than starting at the beginning. But if you had to speed it up, that’s the recommendation. 

• Like 2
  • Epic Post 1

4 hours ago, Dimness said:

Just got done watching the introductory two-parter episode of ST:TNG

Yikes.....

Farpoint is rough but the way they end the series and how it ties together is amazing. Next Gen has the distinction of saving one of its finest two partners for the series finale.

Stick with it. Much like DS9, it’s worth doing so to get to the good stuff in S3+.

• Like 1

I was just looking at a list of episodes. My favorites from Season 1 are probably

The Naked Now

Where No One Has Gone Before

The Big Goodbye

Datalore

Coming of Age

Conspiracy

Honorable Mentions to "Justice" and "Lonely Among Us". Both a little cheesy, but I still always liked them.

• Like 3

On 8/10/2018 at 11:54 PM, Starhawk said:

Conspiracy

It was always a favorite of mine, but in the ds9 relaunch books they even tied the episode into a bigger Trek lore.

I'm almost done with season 1, and it's hard to overstate the timeless quality Star Trek: TNG has if it's still relevant in 2018: I want to punch Wesley Crusher in the face and kick him in the nuts.  And then teleport him into the vacuum of space.  He is annoying.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Epic Post 1

It is funny how annoying wesley is for most of the time he is on. Watch the honest trailer for TNG with all the “shut up wesley” lines from the show.

• Like 1

Lol - yet it was very timely for me when I was about 12-13 years old...

Yeah - Wesley gets annoying at times, but I really like Wil Wheton these days.

My opinion of him grew over the years, and then the Tabletop debacle came up , and it dropped a bit.

• Like 1

The best is when Wesley becomes a Native American vision quest inspired, space faring spirit walker. None of us could truly comprehend Wesley's greatness until that came to light. 

InformalNeighboringFairyfly-small.gif

• Haha 1

On 8/28/2018 at 5:24 PM, JoeyN said:

My opinion of him grew over the years, and then the Tabletop debacle came up , and it dropped a bit.

Guess I have not followed that...