LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
JoeyN

PICARD Returns in new Trek series

Kahless appears in several DS9 episodes and gets a proper finale to his story. The stuff with he and Dax is great.

On the Cardassian front....lol. You haven’t met Dukat and Damar yet. The ultimate bastards.

5 hours ago, Romier S said:

Kahless appears in several DS9 episodes and gets a proper finale to his story. The stuff with he and Dax is great.

That’s Kor. Kahless was the Clone of the Emperor  from start of the Klingon empire.. He is only mentioned on ds9.

4 hours ago, JoeyN said:

That’s Kor. Kahless was the Clone of the Emperor  from start of the Klingon empire.. He is only mentioned on ds9.

Ah you’re right. Kor never shuts up about Kahless hence the confusion.:)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Romier S said:

Ah you’re right. Kor never shuts up about Kahless hence the confusion.:)

😂 yeah that one episode he says his name a million times.

And now for the final season.  I really enjoyed Star Trek: TNG, and some of the best episodes rank up there with the best television episodes (the opposite also applies).  But there's no doubt in my mind I would love to see a Trek series in this current "golden age" of television which I feel got kick started by the Sopranos (not sure I would pay for CBS to see Discovery).

Season 7

• Descent Part II - I expected more, but this Lore episode was kind of dull.
  • Liasons - Bizarro world episode about strange alien culture.  Unfortunately, I feel like I've seen a television episode somewhere that lampoons this concept.
  • Interface - His episode is far sadder in concept than execution.  This episode is never addressed ever again unfortunately.
  • Gambit, Part I - This had potential, but it seems wasted.
  • Gambit, Part II - See previous episode summary.  Such a waste.
  • Phantasms - I liked this Data episode.  His dreams (or nightmares) seems weird enough to be entertaining.
  • Dark Page - Lwaxana Troi episode that would've been an all-time great... if it wasn't a Lwaxana Troi episode.
  • Attached - Picard and Crusher should've bone a lot more.
  • Force of Nature - This whole warp drive is causing damage to the space environment should've been explored a lot better.
  • Inheritance - I'm finding it hard to believe that for every great Data episode, there are bland ones like this as well.
  • Parallels - It's a great parallel universe story, and it manages to make Worf super entertaining as he either comes in first or last place in a Batleth tourney.
  • The Pegasus - John Locke used to be in charge of Commander Riker.  Great episode as it makes the Federation not all goody two shoes.
  • Homeward - It's hard to picture Worf's brother as anybody but a mob boss.
  • Sub Rosa - A ghost making out with Crusher sounds like the kind of erotic fan fiction that would be disappointing.  I was right.
  • Lower Decks - This is as close to common folk as one would get in the Star Trek universe.  It kind of sucks that Sito kind of died.
  • Thine Own Self - I feel like we've seen this episode before.
  • Masks - A bizarre episode that had potential, but it got a little too campy.
  • Eye of the Beholder - I think I just don't like Troi episodes.  I think she does well in the movies and cameos in Voyager, but I just don't enjoy anything where she's the focal point.
  • Genesis - This could've been an awesome action episode, but it was boring.
  • Journey's End - It's hard to take this episode seriously when I can't help but think of the Martians from Futurama.
  • Firstborn - It's kind of sad how Worf's kid turns out.
  • Bloodlines - I don't believe in a future where contraception does not exist.  That and the twist at the end wasn't that impressive.
  • Emergence - AI really doesn't scare me, and this episode didn't sway my opinion one bit.
  • Preemptive Strike - I really like Ensign Ro episodes, and this one is her best.  I really want to see if she shows up in DS9.  Something tells me no as I think Star Trek writers aren't exactly the best at continuity details.
  • All Good Things - Finally Q is super interesting.  But the depressing part of this episode is.. what if in the new series Picard has space dementia?

And that's it.  I will probably start DS9 at some point, but I am focused on spending my free time with Dragon Quest XI right now.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dimness said:

And that's it.  I will probably start DS9 at some point, but I am focused on spending my free time with Dragon Quest XI right now.

Why not watch Season 8?

This twitter feed has a plot synopsis for each episode. Here are some classic episodes you're missing:

All missions are put on hold until Worf locates his contact lens. The crew nervously waits in silence as he angrily crawls the corridors.

Picard's production of MacBeth becomes far too real. Having torn apart the warp core, Geordi now thinks the weird noise is coming from Data.

Troi's secret agent past catches up with her. It's clear to the rest of the crew that Geordi & Data are hiding a panda in their quarters.

• Haha 1

Amazon have acquired the international rights for this series. It will be available on Prime outside of the US and Canada the day after US broadcast.

• Like 1

Due to rights issues, doesn't this take place in the alternate Bad Robot timeline? If so, doesn't that mean Vulcan was destroyed before Picard's time and the Enterprise D adventures never happened?

1 hour ago, Starhawk said:

Due to rights issues, doesn't this take place in the alternate Bad Robot timeline? If so, doesn't that mean Vulcan was destroyed before Picard's time and the Enterprise D adventures never happened?

No. I believe this takes place after Nemesis and is in the Prime timeline. It does factor in the events of the '09 Trek movie in that the Romulan homeworld has been destroyed as that movie depicted in the Prime timeline and not the Vulcan homeworld in the Kelvin timeline. The events forshadowed in the teaser (i.e. Picard leading the greatest rescue fleet) likely refers to him leading a rescue mission to the Romulan homeworld as that is said to have had a life changing effect on Picard as per the writers of the show.

• Like 1
  • Epic Post 2