LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
NickC

The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action TV Series)

giphy.gif

Let the Sabine rumors start.

Dave Filoni is also rumored to be directing a couple of episodes, including the pilot, good to see him get a shot at live-action.

Mandalorians are a race of people. Clone Wars and rebels had really good storylines about them. Will be interesting if the character has been seen before. As for Sabine, hope she does show up.

They have lined up a good group of directors

A photo has dropped and episodic directors revealed today for the upcoming Star Wars live-action Disney streaming series  The MandalorianIn addition to Jon Favreau writing the first episode and serving as EP, Star Wars Rebels EP Dave Filoni will helm the first episode. Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard(Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok). Also serving as EP is Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Star Wars.com had the news, specifying that production has begun.”

Cast Announced

Pedro Pascal (Narcos) has been cast in the title role as a lone Mandalorian gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy. He is joined by Gina Carano (Deadpool), Giancarlo Esposito (Breaking Bad), Emily Swallow (Supernatural), Carl Weathers (Predator), Omid Abtahi (American Gods), Werner Herzog (Grizzly Man), and Nick Nolte (Affliction).

Late 2019 on Disney +

https://www.starwars.com/news/pedro-pascal-revealed-as-the-mandalorian

• Like 1

Here's part of the leaked teaser from celebration (not great quality).

Apparently they aren't releasing the entire series at once either, the first episode comes to Disney+ on November 12th.

Just now, NickC said:

Apparently they aren't releasing the entire series at once either, the first episode comes to Disney+ on November 12th.

That's quite wise given the gradual rollout of Disney+. If the whole thing was up on day one it would be on torrent sites in an instant before the service even launches in other countries. 

I haven’t watched any of the cam footage hoping for a better version myself.  I’d rather wait than be introduced to it via low quality phone footage.  I’ve grown patient as I’ve gotten old.

• Like 1