LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
NickC

Daredevil Season 3

The one Marvel show I still give a damn about. Well, that's not true. The Punisher was pretty great as well. 

That looks fantastic. So good to have Fisk back! Matt's just mad that imposter Daredevil has a better jawline.:D

Looking forward to some more of that hype as hell fight choreography from Phillip J Silvera (I wonder if we're related? lol).

Daredevil is done at Netflix. The press release mentions DD will live on in other marvel projects, like they releases for Iron Fist and Luke Cage did.

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, JoeyN said:

Daredevil is done at Netflix. The press release mentions DD will live on in other marvel projects, like they releases for Iron Fist and Luke Cage did.

That fucking sucks! That’s a Marvel show I really hate to lose.:(

Daredevil gone but Jessica Jones lives? That can’t be far behind, right?

Hooefully the show is resurrected on Disney’s streaming platform.

Punisher and JJ were already in full production on new seasons when this stuff started going down.  They will not be far behind being “cancelled “ aka marvel forced them to do it by raising the fee for the shows once the original agreement ended. They will all show up again in someway on Disney streaming. I wonder if they will fall under Feige now like the other stuff coming to the streaming service,

I'm glad Netflix did these shows.  Though it is a curious thing considering how Marvel lost Hulk, Spider-man, FF, X-men, Deadpool, etc.... and have been trying to get those back for a while, and then after all of that drama, Disney gives these franchises to Netflix of all companies.  It worked out pretty well, because Netflix is awesome.  I assume that there is some sort of expiration set where Netflix owns these shows for X years, and then they become owned by Disney?  Maybe in 2027 Disney gets them back?  And by "Gets them back" I mean that the actual seasons of these shows being distributed solely by Disney on their services.  I fully expect Disney will be selling "DD: S1-S3" blu-rays on Amazon in a few years.  And Netflix will be out of the picture.  Right?

2 hours ago, foogledricks said:

I fully expect Disney will be selling "DD: S1-S3" blu-rays on Amazon in a few years.  And Netflix will be out of the picture.  Right?

Disney already put out Blu-rays of s1 and 2. The show is an ABC/Marvel/Netflix co-production with Netflix having the streaming rights, when/if that expires to potentially revert over to Disney’s own service remains to be seen. 

Its demise on Netflix is clearly another casualty of Disney looking to place its most lucrative content exclusively on their own streaming platform, particularly the Marvel and Star Wars stuff since that base will be the most streaming savvy and willing to pay up for yet another damn service for access to that stuff.

Can't say I enjoyed the old-school Disney handling of their content, releasing VHS versions of their movies every 15 years to create false obscurity.  Hope Disney doesn't go super evil or we're screwed.

1 hour ago, foogledricks said:

Can't say I enjoyed the old-school Disney handling of their content, releasing VHS versions of their movies every 15 years to create false obscurity.  Hope Disney doesn't go super evil or we're screwed.

Thats definitely not been the case so far with Marvel content. There have been re-issues of several of the older titles. And even their animated content* hasn’t left shelves in recent years. Not that I have noticed at least. I like to think those days are gone. 

And in todays age people that make content disappear completely from shelves aren’t doing themselves any favors. You can find anything practically and have it in an hour on the internet. 

*Edit: Disney animated content, not marvel

The Disney animated moratorium thing seems strictly a US affair these days. It’s weird, but as Eldorado notes even in North America now things seem to be shifting towards how Disney behaves interationally where they haven’t let their animated catalogue to go out of print since the VHS era.

If anything I’d have thought the download and streaming era is the final nail in the coffin of pulling stunts like that as it makes no sense to pull them from online services on a whim for several years, and if they’re not going to do that then its equally senseless putting them in a “vault” exclusively for physical releases too. 

The only thing they won’t let anyone in any country have is Song of the South (which I found my VHS copy of recently).

I would hope that Marvel learned the folly of giving away the rights to their characters indefinitely! I think Dardevil/Luke Cage/Iron Fist/Defenders not being renewed (and Punisher/Jessica Jones probably following suit after their in-production seasons debut) is a sign that those characters will be appearing on Disney's streaming service, either in additional seasons of their own shows or completely new shows but with the same characters (e.g. Heroes for Hire).

Whether the already produced (or currently in production) Marvel/Netflix shows ever make it to the Disney streaming service will probably depend on how much Disney is willing to pay.

Marvel sold the rights because they were going bankrupt and needed money at the time. It saved the company . Other then Spider-Man film rights and Hulk Solo films , everyone else is back once the Fox deal is done (including Namor who it seems reverted back to marvel as well recently).   Just think 5 years ago of how many properties they did not control. It's pretty amazing how things changed once Disney took over. 

Just announce a new Fantastic Four Film already. We need Doom in the MCU ASAP. Plenty of other great characters from those comics that have not been used either.

Assume there will be a big shift in focus after IW2.  Ironman and Captain America were the focus up until now.  Will the future be FF?  Captain Marvel?  It could be anything.  Anyone.  I hope Carol Danvers is great.  They need some new blood.  Spiderman and Black Panther are just puzzle pieces.  Maybe the mutant reboot will give us some great characters.  Deadpool is a gem I hope they don't waste.

After Marvel's failed attempt to position the Inhumans as the replacement for the X-Men/mutants, I think the X-Men/mutants will help carry the MCU after IW2. As a fan of the Fantastic Four since I was a kid, I'd love to see a new re-imagining of them and Doctor Doom, Galactus, Silver Surfer, etc. in the MCU.

I finally got caught up on the Netflix Marvel shows, finishing Iron Fist season 2 and Daredevil season 3. Season 2 of Iron Fist was a definite improvement over the lackluster season 1. Focusing more screen time on the Iron Fist/K'un-Lun lore, more Davos/Colleen, less Rand nonsense, better fight choreography, less filler (10 episodes instead of the usual 13) were all welcome improvements. The ending with the guns was a bit much though.

Daredevil season 3 was strong throughout. The return of the black costume (with the addition of the Thai rope hand wraps) was great to see, contrasted against Bullseye hijacking DD's red costume/identity. Kingpin has always been a highlight of the DD series so his return was sorely needed but the addition of Bullseye as a real one-on-one threat to DD (instead of hordes of Hand ninjas) was something the series was sorely lacking.

It's too bad the Netflix Marvel series were cancelled. I've enjoyed watching them all, especially Daredevil.

Wife and I Finished DD today, we both really enjoyed it. She seemed to enjoy S3 more so than any season of any of the Netflix/Marvel shows. The only gripe being the final episode, which started out weird, and felt rushed throughout. It was still entertaining though!  We paused the last episode within the first minute or so, questioning if we'd somehow missed an episode.

Spoiler

DD somehow capturing the Fixer guy, AND that guy completely caving and pouring his heart out, that was just all out of place and not in keeping with the build up. 

Did you guys feel the same way?