LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
rustyjaw

Dirt Rally 2.0 (Xbox One, PS4, PC) - Feb 26, 2019

I had no idea this was happening. Sadly, no VR support at launch...which probably means none at all. This is a huge disappointment. Rally + VR is arguably the best combination in gaming in terms of how much the game experience gains from true binocular vision.

Without VR support, I'm likely to not buy this game. I'll keep playing Dirt Rally 1 in VR for now, what a game.

So there's been an interesting development on the DR2 - VR story. Codies have announced that VR support will be coming to PC via Oculus. The linked article posits that Facebook/Oculus be at least partly funding the VR conversion.

I hope that, somehow, this will lead to VR on other platforms. If not, I may consider upgrading my aging PC to be VR-capable.

• Like 1

It's killing me to see the (mostly glowing) reviews and videos coming out for this. Graphically, it's a pretty big step up from Dirt 4, and the terrain deformation system looks stellar. Apparently the physics have gotten a boost too, and provide even more nuance than the original DR. I have to say I welcome the return to hand-crafted stages. While I think procedural stages have a lot of promise, they need to find a way to avoid the sensation of repetition that cropped up now and then in D4. Apparently the stages from DR1 will return in a future DLC, which some people feel ripped off by...personally I'd welcome those stages back as they are supremely well done.

I'd really love to play DR2, but I just can't help thinking how much better everything would be in VR.

• Like 1

PS4 version. Lost my hood at one point also. Definitely more forgiving than Dirt Rally but still not an easy game

• Like 1

Nice! That road surface looks appropriately brutal. Looks like Dirt Rally, where you can't relax for a second because your wheels can lose traction at any moment.

This run was with the soft tires. I had tried previously with the medium tires which is recommended but at different 2 turns i lost all traction and rolled the car

Right now just using a controller. I have my wheel downstairs because I dont have room for it in my current setup. 

I ended up purchasing this on the Xbox One also. It looks great on the PS4 but it looks amazing on the X. I made room today for my Thrustmaster and tried to play a few time trials. Boy do I suck with the wheel 😂😂. I need to find some good settings. I did set up my TH8A in sequential mode and am using it as the e-brake. I've also turned off all assists currently except for automatic transmission. I also hooked up my wheel to the PS4 using the DriveHub which I got for Christmas last year. Shows up as a Thrustmaster T150 and worked flawlessly.