LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
AlbertA

Mortal Kombat 11

No Mortal Kombat 11 talk while I was gone? What's wrong with ye!

Here's the whole live stream reveal from last week:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kyle-K said:

I can't play these anymore... I have kids :D:D:D

Am I a bad father for wanting to desensitize my kids to violence?

28 minutes ago, foogledricks said:

Am I a bad father for wanting to desensitize my kids to violence?

No, that’s not why :P

• Haha 2

On 1/23/2019 at 2:22 PM, Mark E said:

No, that’s not why :P

This has something to do with web cams in the bathroom doesn’t it.

• Haha 1

Kabal revealed. 

That finisher...lol. Love me some Mortal Kombat. Easy buy. Speaking of which, I need to get a good price on Mortal Kombat XL on the PS4. I've been meaning to rebuy that for ages.

I LOVE the ultra violence.  It must have been so fun coming up with each violent act and sharing it with one another.  Wonder if anyone is going to "Rip off their head and shit down their neck" or "feed them their balls" or "stick their head up their ass"

I mean, all of those have to be in their

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Romier S said:

That finisher...lol. Love me some Mortal Kombat. Easy buy. Speaking of which, I need to get a good price on Mortal Kombat XL on the PS4. I've been meaning to rebuy that for ages.

I thought the super move-thing was the finisher, and was thinking brutal.  But then it said finish him and the real fun began. :D:D:D

4 minutes ago, Kyle-K said:

I thought the super move-thing was the finisher, and was thinking brutal.  But then it said finish him and the real fun began. :D:D:D

Same, this looks so good.  Years ago didn't congress try to ban Doom and Mortal Kombat?  I forget.  If they could go forward in time and see this shit...

47 minutes ago, Magness said:

Holy shit :) Kabal was my favorite in MK3

That's cause he was overpowered as fuck. Don't lie lol.:)

I believe they finally nuked him in UMK3 and MK Trilogy.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, foogledricks said:

Same, this looks so good.  Years ago didn't congress try to ban Doom and Mortal Kombat?  I forget.  If they could go forward in time and see this shit...

Mortal Kombat for consoles is how the ratings system got started.

5 hours ago, AlbertA said:

Mortal Kombat for consoles is how the ratings system got started.

I still remember the original hitting the SNES with sweat instead of blood.:nachos  You had to unlock the blood in the Genesis version with a code on the main screen, too. Which sucked cause the SNES version looked about a thousand times better than the Genesis. By the time MKII hit the home consoles, it was a HUGE deal that the game was hitting the SNES with no censorship at all. It was also the absolute best version at home as the Genesis port of II was pretty bad on the both the audio and video front.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Oh yeah, I remember buying MKII at best buy (Mortal Tuesday :))  - and the employees where clueless about the rating - they just handed them out to the line.

Here's Kano's and sub-zero fatalities in front of congress (Why does this make me so happy ? :) )

The best part is that all that uproar just made kids want the games more...lol. If you were a teenager and you owned a console? MK was part of the cultural zeitgeist. You could not be left out.

I give Boon and NetherRealm all of the credit in the world for keeping the series relevant and worthwhile 11 entries in. For all of its flaws (and there are many), it remains one of the few fighting game series that gives the player an immense amount of single player content to experience and the underlying fighting engine has evolved and remains fun and easy to pick up.

...Night Trap LMAO. That game is so utterly innocuous by today’s standard.

• Like 1

While Mortal Kombat drew headlines here, Night Trap is the one that made the tabloid press in the UK go absolutely apeshit. It was right off the back of the “video nasty” hysteria here.

11 is looking good. Quite enjoyed what I played of X on Gamepass. Will consider the new one at a later date.