LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Romier S

Skybound Games teams with Beamdog to bring some of the greatest CRPG's to consoles in 2019 (Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Planescape Torment)

Amazing.

https://www.skybound.com/games/beamdog-console-baldurs-gate-neverwinter-nights-and-more/

February 7, 2019 (Los Angeles, CA) – Skybound Games and Beamdog today announced a publishing partnership that will bring classic roleplaying videogames Baldur’s Gate, Baldur’s Gate ll, Baldur’s Gate: Siege of Dragonspear, Icewind Dale, Planescape: Torment, and Neverwinter Nights to console platforms in 2019.

Beamdog is known for bringing enhanced versions of Dungeons & Dragons videogames to fans both new and old on the PC platform, including the critically acclaimed Baldur’s Gate, Neverwinter Nights and Planescape: Torment. Six of Beamdog’s fan-favorite games will be released on console platforms for the first time ever via Skybound all as Enhanced Editions sold at retail stores and online (www.Skybound.com). These upcoming releases will allow RPG fans the opportunity to experience epic Dungeons & Dragons adventures in a whole new way.

This is incredible news for console centric folks who never had an opportunity to experience some of the greatest Western RPG's every created. Including Bioware classics like the original Baldur's Gate and the masterpiece that is Baldur's Gate II. I've spent hundreds of hours with these games and if they handle the UI and controls as well as something like Pillars of Eternity, these will be easy purchases and should be picked up by those that never experienced these wonderful games.

Were those Baldur's Gate Enhanced Editions they did for PC any good?  Hate to admit it, but I've never played BG 1 and 2.  I really liked Torment, and I've got the EE of Torment plus Tides of Numeneria in my backlog already, but BG 1 and 2 have been on my steam wishlist basically forever.

Glad to see these are coming to console though. 

The first two Baldur's Gate and BG2 were rough initial releases but they worked hard to patch them and get them up to speed. Subsequent releases have been great, yes. They are pretty much the definitive way to enjoy the games today.

• Like 1

Platforms confirmed:

Love the idea of having these on the Switch. I'm also curious to see what performance and resolution looks like across platforms as well.

• Like 1