LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
JoeyN

Captain Marvel Spoiler Discussion and future of Kree/Skrull

Keith asked about the Kree/Skrull stuff going forward. I am actually Interested in where that goes as well. A few things we know from the movies,AoS, and things Kevin Feige has said this week.

-Carol wanted to help get all the skrulls get back together and get them away from the Kree. That could take a long time as they are spread all over. The Kree Empire is a huge part of space.

-Feige said this is not the last we have seen of the Skrulls. In response to the secret invasion question , he said not all Skrulls left out there may not be as trustworthy or want help by others because of what they have been through.

-The Kree around GoTG for some reason had to make peace with the Nova Corp. Ronin also splintered from them and formed his own renegade religious group, which probably still worships the Supreme Intelligence. Was carol responsible for all this happening?

-We finally know how Fury got Kree blood which was used to bring Coulson back to life after Loki killed him. It was a big part of Agents of Shield. Kree have shown up on the show many times over the years in various stuff

-Kree have been to earth before Captain Marvel (they created the Inhumans a long time ago). Also a big part of Agents of shield, (not that shitty Inhumans show)  nice of the confirmation in the film. 

-I believe Project Pegasus was the same thing the base from the start of Avengers was called before Loki blew it up and stole the Teseract.. 

-where is Goose in present day MCU? 🤣

A goose scene was a riff on Groot's previous engagements where he unexpectedly and violently dispatched a large group of bad guys, followed by a cute one-liner, in that case a smile stood in for the one-liner, in this case "good kitty"

I thought I saw Carols best friend's eyes light up in a brief shot implying she was a shapeshifter.  She was sitting in a jet.  A mystique moment.  Given the rest of the movie, that doesn't make sense.  So either that was a different character than I thought, or I'm imagining things.

In the comics her friend is actually the daughter monica as an adult, so they set it up for future movies. 

21 hours ago, JoeyN said:

In the comics her friend is actually the daughter monica as an adult, so they set it up for future movies. 

It actually bugged me when they mentioned Maria Rambeau, especially with the "photon" callsign on the plane, and I wondered why they didn't use Monica, and had me thinking I was mis-remembering things.  Glad it got sorted out.  Not sure if they'll do anything with it, but it leaves a thread open at least. 

On 3/10/2019 at 7:33 AM, JoeyN said:

-I believe Project Pegasus was the same thing the base from the start of Avengers was called before Loki blew it up and stole the Teseract..  

Yes, it was.  I actually had to look up the tesseract timeline after seeing the movie yesterday, but apparently after Howard Stark found it, project pegasus was the shield initiative to harness its power.  This fits with Mar-Vell, as an undercover Kree, working with shield and the tesseract, and then presumably moving it to her orbital lab.  Once Fury recovers it, it looks like Shield hold onto it until the Avengers. 

I believe that all the Skrulls on earth were accounted for, but that's not to say that they couldn't go for a Secret Invasion style story later on.  I was actually wondering if they were going to leave a hint in that direction, or whether the movie would end with any of the skrulls going undercover as cows :)

Just to clarify something.  Carol Danvers is:

1) Human

2) Augmented by Kree blood like how several other characters in the MCU have been augmented with Kree blood

3) Was "Given" powers by an infinity stone like how Scarlet Witch was given powers by the mind stone, Carol was given powers by the Space Stone

I wanted to use the above as a launching off point for the following:

1) Carol is frail.  If I hit her in the head with a baseball bat, I could kill her.  She'd probably french fry me before I did that, but if I could sneak up on her and shiv her, she's toast

2) Her Kree blood makes her mildly better than a human.  She didn't seem to be particularly strong, or fast, or resistant to bodily harm.  She seemed less impressive than Captain American for example.  He's a superior physical specimen in every regard.

3) Carol's Space Stone powers have to be invoked, and when they are, they are obviously highly offensive, but to the extent that photons can be used defensively, like a shield, they protect her.  But while she's sleeping, she doesn't have shields up.  She is a frail human and with a little luck, anyone could kill her.  Certainly Thanos.  Or Hawkeye for example could catch her off guard.

4) Ronin was so immensely more powerful than that.  Before he got the power stone, he destroyed Drax.  It was a joke.  Why is he so much more powerful?

5) If Scarlet Witch and Carol were given powers by the stones, I have a hard time accepting that they could be more powerful than someone who is actually presently wielding the infinity stones.  Right?  They each got some infusion of power from the stones, Thanos friggin HAS The stones in hand.  How could Carol and Scarlett Witch have even a fraction of the power given that fact?  Seems non-intuitive.

Oh, since Thor can take the power of a sun, I have to think he can withstand a few Captain Marvel protons.  And if his AX can blow through all 6 infinity stones to impale Thanos, it could easily do the same to Captain Marvel.  So I'm not buying her being the most powerful Avenger.  That's Thor.

Fortunately, they're on the same team.  Though I suppose since Thor, Iron Man, Hulk, and Captain America are all about to die, she wins that title by default I guess.

2 hours ago, Angry the Clown said:

Lol i thought the same exact thing when the trailer came out. Then the movie mentioned his eye anytime something happened every time.

I thought the movie was pulling a "Hot Tub Time Machine" by keep trolling that they were going to reveal how he lost his eye, and then not.  I actually didn't think that the cat thing was real.  I thought it was another false positive until Coulson pulled out the eye choices.

I liked how much fun Carol is having when she is flying around in space at the end. You don’t always see that with these heroes, nor would one want to, but every now and again it’s a treat to see characters like her and Peter Parker enjoying themselves.

Interestingly both Danvers and Parker are characters to have inherited their powers by accident but revel in them, and it makes sense for their characters with one being a order ace pilot now being able to fly freely without a craft through the galaxy, and the other being a kid (what kid wouldn’t love to be able to do what Spidey can do? Holland sells it very well). Banner, of course, inherited his power too, but is in constant conflict with inner green monster just like the rest of us.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Angry the Clown said:

I liked how much fun Carol is having when she is flying around in space at the end. You don’t always see that with these heroes, nor would one want to, but every now and again it’s a treat to see characters like her and Peter Parker enjoying themselves.

Interestingly both Danvers and Parker are characters to have inherited their powers by accident but revel in them, and it makes sense for their characters with one being a order ace pilot now being able to fly freely without a craft through the galaxy, and the other being a kid (what kid wouldn’t love to be able to do what Spidey can do? Holland sells it very well). Banner, of course, inherited his power too, but is in constant conflict with inner green monster. 

And when she was on the ship, and an alien growls at her, and she mockingly growls back.  Who thought to have her do that?!  I thought it was hysterical.

• Like 2

Yes! I got a chuckle out of that.

I’ve long been a fan of Larson (Short Term Twelve and, obviously, Room being career highlights. I’ve still to see Unicorn Store, her directorial debut which I think Cap Marvel surely owes a debt to in having earlier established a very clear chemistry between herself and L Jackson. I believe Netflix have acquired it for future release). She’s got great range.

I thought I read she had a 7 picture deal.  Now 5, having finished two of them.  If true, that extends to Capt Marvel 2, Avengers 5, a non-avengers ensemble film like Civil War(Maybe Civil War 2 plotline?), Capt Marvel 3, Avengers 6.

Film deal with netflix keith for her production company. Everyone that works on marvel films has long term deals.