LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
NickC

Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order

EA's next Star Wars game will be revealed this Saturday at Star Wars Celebration, hopefully they have more success here than they've had with the Battlefront series.

Leaked Image:

h1i8v3jfbor21-676x1024.jpg

• Like 1

Yes it is. Please be good, EA has dropped the ball with the SW license big time.

• Like 2

As long as they don't mention the unmentionable's of gaming (e.g. loot boxes, day one dlc, etc), they might be fine. 

• Like 1

All the reasons they allegedly chose for canning the Amy Hennig game for want of turning it into an open world [jimsterling] “live service" [/jimsterling] experience. 

• Like 2

I became a Jedi with Kyle Katarn over a decade ago. And a damn evil one at that. Tossin Stormtroopers off ledges and cuttin heads and arms off with impunity. Still one of the best “become a Jedi” games I’ve ever played. It needs a remaster. 

• Like 2

Trailer...

For the record, CG trailers really need to die in a fire. Between this and Bloodlines 2 - show me some damned gameplay.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, NickC said:

Yes! 

As glad as I am to hear this, it's somewhat sad that we've reached the point where, “We promise not to fleece you after buying the game,” is being touted as a selling point.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Romier S said:

Trailer...

For the record, CG trailers really need to die in a fire. Between this and Bloodlines 2 - show me some damned gameplay.

Seriously, no gameplay? no screenshots? what the f....

Guess they'll save that for E3..... 

On 4/13/2019 at 5:18 AM, Angry the Clown said:

All the reasons they allegedly chose for canning the Amy Hennig game for want of turning it into an open world [jimsterling] “live service" [/jimsterling] experience. 

Yeah, very strange indeed, did they do a 180 after they were held to the fire with battlefront 2?

Honestly, I look at it and I see familiar ground from Force Unleashed, and (while having never see the series in full) little bits of story that I know have been explored in the Rebels cartoon...etc with another lost Jedi post Ep3, Inquisitor type characters an so on and so on. I'm also less interested in seeing more Jedi and playing as one than I guess most are. 

So do we even know what kind of game this is going to be?  I'm assuming a shooter of some sort given respawn, but is it going to be similar to Force Unleashed, or closer to Dark Forces? 

After playing the Titanfall 2 campaign, respawn gets the benefit of the doubt, but I'm looking forward to seeing some hands on impressions. 

Here's a dark thought: single player game, story focused, no microtransactions, and only available through a subscription service (gamepass/EA Access etc).  Is the way to make new single player story driven content to block it behind a monthly subscription?

9 minutes ago, ChrisBardon said:

So do we even know what kind of game this is going to be?  I'm assuming a shooter of some sort given respawn, but is it going to be similar to Force Unleashed, or closer to Dark Forces? 

Third person adventure with heavy emphasis on combat mechanics according to the dev team.

After playing the Titanfall 2 campaign, respawn gets the benefit of the doubt, but I'm looking forward to seeing some hands on impressions. 

Titanfall 2 is wonderful. We should bear in mind this is, from what I understand, for the most part a completely new team working on the game within the company though. 

17 minutes ago, ChrisBardon said:

So...Star Wars meets the Witcher?

The game's director, Stig Asmussen, directed God of War 3, so quite possibly more like that but with more diverse combat mechanics.

I don't know that I'd be expecting a world as big/open as Witcher. I'd be expecting more of a traditional 'rollercoaster' single player action game. I've seen mentions of Force Unleashed style of game.

6 minutes ago, dogbert said:

I don't know that I'd be expecting a world as big/open as Witcher. I'd be expecting more of a traditional 'rollercoaster' single player action game. I've seen mentions of Force Unleashed style of game.

Given the God of War connection, that makes sense.  I don't actually remember much about Force Unleashed, and never got around to the sequel (although I think I own both).