LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Romier S

Capcom teasing announcement tomorrow at 11AM EST.....

...and it appears to be a premium arcade stick with TV plug and play capabilities. It also includes the first ever home ports of AVP and Pro Gear!

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/04/capcoms_big_announcement_is_a_plug-and-play_arcade_stick_packed_with_classic_games

Update: We've been tipped off by an anonymous source that Capcom's big reveal – as reported below – isn't coming to Switch, because it's not coming to any console. Instead, it will be a two-player arcade stick packed with classic Capcom arcade games that plugs directly into your TV. We've been told that the sticks and buttons will be full-sized affairs; a close match to the interface used on original arcade cabinets. We've heard that the unit will be a premium affair, with a retail price that could be as high as £200.

We'll continue to update this story as we get more information

CAPCOM_HOME_ARCADE_3_0014.png

CAPCOM_HOME_ARCADE_2_0014.png

- Emulation provided by FB Alpha
- Sanwa JLF-TP-8YT sticks with 8-way GT-Y directional gates and OBSF buttons
- Onboard WiFi for Leaderboards
- Micro USB powered, only HDMI out support.

http://www.capcomhomearcade.com/home

25th of October in Europe (€230, so I guess indeed £200).

There's a regular USB on the back, in addition the the microUSB used for power.

3ExL1qd.png

Not sure what it's for (possible to use as a stick only on PC maybe?).

That's pretty bad ass and of great interest to me. Though I can't say I'm a huge fan of the overall arcade stick design.

I wish it had more games though!

No X-men vs Street Fighter, Marvel vs Street Fighter, or Marvel vs Capcom, blah...

Yeah, could use some more games.

Nice sticks, but a hideous case and poor game selection. I really should build a Pi-based solution with decent sticks at some point. 

The real kick in the balls here is that this is the first time Alien vs Predator and Pro Gear have been made available for home use. If they don't do another "Beat 'em Up" compilation with AVP on it, I'm gonna be pissed even if I end up buying this thing.:(

Oh, it's all kicking off in the emulation scene. One, only one, of the Final Burn team has given the nod to Capcom to use their code for this, and just about every other contributor in the entire MAME community has started complaining because it's on a non-commercial licence. So let's see if this even hits shops.