LCVG
Magness

Avengers: Endgame Spoiler Thread

Amidst the chaos of Infinity War and Endgame, what happened to Peggy’s niece from Winter Soldier and Civil War? And Martin Freeman’s character from Civil War and Black Panther? 

3 hours ago, Angry the Clown said:

Amidst the chaos of Infinity War and Endgame, what happened to Peggy’s niece from Winter Soldier and Civil War?

I've wondered this as well.  Also - as she was growing up, was she wondering why that creepy old guy was always winking at her?

• Haha 1

Well he wasn’t in the main timeline :)

Emily Van Camp is on the TV series the Resident which is why they pretty much just forgot her. Same with Lady Syf.

I am sure Martin Freeman will pop up again, as he has a longer term deal. Wasn’t he one of the pictures of the Dusted?

17 hours ago, JoeyN said:

Well he wasn’t in the main timeline

Oh, you mean old-man-rogers.  Thought you meant the hobbit.

Doesn't mean he wasn't winking at her, or even banging her.  It just means he wasn't doing that in the movies/timeline we saw.

Marvel really kicked their fans in the balls with this time travel stuff.  It just throws the whole franchise off a cliff of convolution that wasn't there before.  I know the idea of a character flying around with a hammer is silly.  I know that it is also silly to believe that snapping one's fingers, could be the universal gesture for executing highly discriminatory universe-wide molecular disintegration or re-assemblage depending on your "thoughts" while doing so.  I know it is silly that throwing someone off cliff who you love is the correct way of getting a glowing rock that you need to teleport into your hand,.  But this whole time travel thing is really opening things up to infinite ridiculousness.

I was thinking that this scene from Spider-Man: Homecoming — specifically at the 1:48 mark — is more poignant now after seeing Endgame😭

• Like 2

Yep. Having watched these films so many times, it’s amazing how many callbacks there are to all the movies in End Game.

-My favorite scene was Cap/hammer! And going Toe-to-toe with Thanos 

- I'm all for strong female characters. That said,  the girl scene was just obnoxious, worst moment of the movie for me. My daughter was with me, and I hope she enjoyed it more than I did.  I think seeing women fighting along side the men is more effective,  so I'd rather they worked more of that into the fight scenes. I love how powerful Capt Marvel is, it's fun having her so kick ass!

-Nebula was great!

-Lebowski-Thor got long in the tooth. Redeemed, barely/ slightly, in the end. Crossing my fingers for what I assume is Thor in GotG3.

-Thor's rock friend never gets old, I want more of him. Hope he pops back up with a bigger role.  We need a petition! 

-I don't know anything about Red Hulk, but I thought we might see him when Hulk used the glove. 

-Hulk sucked in this movie, was kinda a bore for me.  The same people who made a talking Racoon, a one word speaking tree, and a house cat interesting & endearing can't do something better with a genius Professor Hulk? Yes, him mocking his smash past was cute, but otherwise Professor Hulk was a flat note for me.

-Now I wish we did see Red Hulk!

- This movie should have been at least five minutes shorter.  That weird improve Hulk autograph scene should have been trimmed. 

- Going through this thread and thinking about the movie,  I just realized I enjoyed old Hulk IN THIS MOVIE more than Professor Hulk in this movie.  It's makes me sad realizing the best Hulk could be gone for good now too.

-I always love when the hero characters meet other heroes for the first time.  For a movie with so many characters,  I don't remember any of those moments occurring. 

-I liked Caps end. It made me sad, but I appreciate how the mantle was passed.  I'm excited to see the New Cap in action. (That'll happen,  right Joey?)

-Antman's van in the middle of the final battle was a funny touch.  Hot wiring might have been a tad too much,  I dunno.  But just having it smack dab in the middle of that chaos was amusing.

- Reading this thread is also making me sad because Keith and I have seemingly all of the same opinions. (We haven't discussed a single thing.  We're just more gay bros we even knew, apparently! )

- That said, Loved each of these,... "

Hail Hydra!

Loved that moment in the elevator.  Soooo good

Also the whole Capt fighting himself was awesome. 

Hulk with the stairs!"

12 minutes ago, JTello said:

That said,  the girl scene was just obnoxious, worst moment of the movie for me. My daughter was with me, and I hope she enjoyed it more than I did

Maybe she did. 

Keith and I have seemingly all of the same opinions. (.. We're just more gay bros we even knew, apparently! )

That's something y'all need to work out together. 

In response to Joel

1- There is a falcon and winter soldier series coming to Disney+ so yeah you will see Sam Capt in action. There is an interview out today where Anthony Mackie talks about finding out he was becoming Capt from Chris Evans, as he did not have the the script with the end scene. Great stuff

2- Maybe you and Keith can use the therapy group from the movie to talk about your Hulk issues

3-I find it funny that people find the women group “obnoxious” ,  yet until the last few years there were two women main heroes on the entire slate, and none were in the title until Wasp(who was an original comic avenger).

• Like 1

On 5/1/2019 at 7:55 AM, Angry the Clown said:

Amidst the chaos of Infinity War and Endgame, what happened to Peggy’s niece from Winter Soldier and Civil War?

On third viewing tonight ...Hey guess who they didn’t forget after all... Sharon Carter is one of the pictures they have up towards the start of them film of the people that are gone. Far right , towards the back. 

Also saw the Howard the Duck with gun ready to fight  cameo to Wasp’s right when she comes from the portal.

• Like 2

Joey, I just wanted to fight with you about time travel again.  I think you were saying that the time travel stuff was pretty easy and straight-forward and people were making it more complicated than it needed to be.  I think that was your sentiment.  Correct me if I'm wrong on that.  But if so, I just would like to point out that several articles over the last few weeks have juxtaposed the explanations from the script writers versus the directors with regard to the time travel plot in this movie.  And they are very inconsistent.  They are confused themselves.

Despite all that, I have committed to a particular understanding of how it all works and am not confused at all about anything anymore.  I think I can explain it to the Russos if they're still confused.  I'm just not willing to say that it is simple, straight-forward, and well-established if that's what you were truly saying.

It could have been fairly simple, I did agree with Joey's original assertion.  But you are right Keith,  the more they talk the more complicated things seem to getting.  I kinda wish they at least had a unified 'official's vision before all of the interviews. It doesn't have to be all company line,  but at least a consensus of time travel & multiverse structure. It hasn't even felt like they've been playing coy or subverting,  it just feels like they are still in mid-conference on concepts. 

The Russos directed it, and have explained it pretty straight forward in every interview I have seen , thats how they intended it. Its how marvel is moving ahead with things, It also makes complete sense. Whatever the writers thought they were doing makes no difference in the end. Not everything in the script makes it to the finished product as the writers intended. I’m sure there is a better version of Thor 2 out there that was planned before they switched directors from Patty Jenkins, but it means nothing now. 

51 minutes ago, JoeyN said:

The Russos directed it, and have explained it pretty straight forward in every interview I have seen , thats how they intended it. Its how marvel is moving ahead with things, It also makes complete sense. Whatever the writers thought they were doing makes no difference in the end. Not everything in the script makes it to the finished product as the writers intended. I’m sure there is a better version of Thor 2 out there that was planned before they switched directors from Patty Jenkins, but it means nothing now. 

That sounds pretty good...if the writers were some contractor work-for-hires that walked into the sunset after dropping off the script  But these are  writers for all four of the Russo's Marvel movies who are actively doing promotion for EndGame - answering questions about these movies on behalf of Marvel, Disney, and the Russos.

https://www.slashfilm.com/endgame-time-travel-writers/

I'll buy that the Russo's have the final word.  Strike that.  Feige has the final word.  But let's not pretend that the writers and directors contradicting each other about the most confusing aspect of their blockbuster movie is meaningless.  In the end though, I agree with you that the Russo's take is the right one.  But not with your trivialization of the confusion.  This whole thing has been a bit bumpy.

• Like 1

Keith you don’t need to post links of what they said, I read /film and listen to all their podcasts,. I have seen plenty of interviews with the writers  of the film, and the Russo’s. One of the things I love to do is listen and watch interviews with writers and directors of all kinds. I love learning about how movies I like are made. At my new job I can listen to a lot more then I used to, so I have had a steady stream of End Game stuff to listen to From writers, directors and actors.

As I said before the writers may have intended one thing, but once that script is handed off, it’s the directors who have final say. You rarely hear writers(unless they are directing) do interviews for this reason. Usually you only hear stuff if a movie bombs, and they say their original script was better. I am looking forward to the Russo’s interview with Empire to come out soon, as they hinted they talk a lot more in depth about everything,

I think all four of them were in the room together when recording the Infinity War audio commentary, so it’d be interesting to hear the discussions if they were all together for an Endgame track as well.

For the duration of the film I had no concerns about what was going on with the time travel and they obeyed the rules they explicitly set out. Anything beyond that boils down to the Looper "I don't want to talk about time travel because if we start talking about it then we're going to be here all day talking about it, making diagrams with straws" quote.

If the writer thought one thing, the director another and the actor a third, then welcome to Blade Runner. Nobody says that's a bad film due to the ambiguity.

• Like 1

On 5/15/2019 at 5:18 PM, Angry the Clown said:

think all four of them were in the room together when recording the Infinity War audio commentary, so it’d be interesting to hear the discussions if they were all together for an Endgame track as well.

I will love to see the extra features for this film.

2 hours ago, foogledricks said:

I will love to see the extra features for this film.

The 4k release will be 3-discs, so regular Blu-ray will be 2. I suspect that's due to the length of the movie and they're opting to give it a disc to itself, but it might mean they take the opportunity to go the extra mile with special features on the bonus disc and provide something meatier than the deleted scenes/gag reel/featurettes that we usually get with Marvel bonus features. A feature length documentary would be nice. 

xpdfvvW.jpg

• Like 2