LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Chris F

New Xbox Dashboard - August 25th!

Originally posted by DrunkOM@Aug 26 2003, 12:44 PM

Did you drill some Glory holes in it?

Well, that's just wrong. :lmfao:

Anyone got the scoop on the new ETA? I notice the site just says August now.

-j

I got my tag linked, and my friends list does show up now. I wonder how long it will take for them to intergrate "My live' in to Windows messenger.

I also got my tag linked. Pretty cool for now.

Anybody know how to set up a Guest Account on Live? I'd like to set one up for my roomate (who is horrible, and is killing my stats!!). The xboxlive website has a little blurb about setting one up but doesn't say specifically how. Is this going to be one of the new features come September?

You don't set up a guest account. They can only log in with you as a guest when you both play at the same time.

I've been waiting for this stupid site all day (which looks quite loverly BTW) and now "Gamertag feature is down, try again in an hour" and "The forums are undergoing migration to the new Xbox.com. We expect to be back up and running around 11:00am PST on August 27, 2003."

Sigh

Well its up and im glad it is. It will be nice to be able to see who is on before i fire up the box . Scoreboards arent up yet but id rather then get XSN up as my Fever comes today

capt

Originally posted by DrunkOM@Aug 27 2003, 02:46 AM

You don't set up a guest account. They can only log in with you as a guest when you both play at the same time.

It looks like setting up guest accounts IS a feature that is coming with the new dashboard....

Guest Accounts

Say you've got a buddy over. You can always let him use your account to play on Xbox Live, or better yet, you can hook him up with a temporary account, and you can both play! You'll have to sign in first, and then create a guest account. You can have as many as three guest accounts at a time, so invite the whole gang over. It doesn't cost anything to have a friend play as your guest; however, they will miss out on some of the cool Xbox Live features, such as Voice, the Friends List, and Stats (like scoreboards). Guest accounts last for as long as the associated user is signed in to Xbox Live.

Mutombo, looks like this is going to be a feature included with the mid-september dashboard, so I'm guessing we'll see it around early November. :lmfao:

Edit: After further reading, this does look EXACTLY the same as the current guest account functionality. But they do make it seem like you can set something special up so your guest can play solo and not muck up your stats. Now I'm corn-fused.

Yeah, it's nice to be able to quickly check my Friends List from my PC.

I do wish, however, that they increased the number of gamertags and provided the ability to edit your Friends List through the web interface (including the ability to assign categories for sorting and then add that to the new dashboard whenever it's ready).

-j

It's not enough that I subscribe to Live, I have to have a .Net Passport, too?

Just be thankful the package doesn't come with a little plastic cup yet ;).

I'm not able to enter my .NET information, when I click the "sign in" button, it says "This site may contain an error that affects the .NET Passport service. To continue, click your browser's Back button and try your request again. You may also try again at a later time."

Does anyone know what this means?

Originally posted by WarEagle@Aug 27 2003, 08:55 AM

I'm not able to enter my .NET information, when I click the "sign in" button, it says "This site may contain an error that affects the .NET Passport service. To continue, click your browser's Back button and try your request again. You may also try again at a later time."

Does anyone know what this means?

I had the exact same message last night when I first tried it. After a couple of attempts, it worked for me. I didn't have to change anything to make it work.

Have you tried rebooting? :lmfao:

Worked smooth as silk for me. Seems that none of my friends are online. I guess they all have jobs. Or are sleeping in because they stayed up too late playing GR:IT. :)

But they do make it seem like you can set something special up so your guest can play solo and not muck up your stats.

No, you're just hoping for too much, it's the exact same thing.

I'm still not linked up, it just tells me that the information is not correct. :cry:

It's probably an issue with the credit card that was used is expired.

Originally posted by DrunkOM@Aug 27 2003, 12:51 PM

No, you're just hoping for too much, it's the exact same thing.

Yeah, I've come to that realization. But even then, it's a somewhat bogus promise from them.

They should state that you can ONLY do this for games that support 2+ player simultaneous online play.

Originally posted by gwhinwi@Aug 27 2003, 01:49 PM

I got my Friends list viewable through Xbox.com now...

I just have to determine if I'm going to keep Live for another year or not.

Glen

You must keep live :D , especially for Links 2004 and Top Spin. What great online fun!

I still have no friends list. I dont know what the problem is....

I've been unable to get it to work through xboxlive.com, but it works fine when I go through xbox.com/live. Maybe thats your problem???

I needed to update some of my account data in order to access the new web features. One piece of info I didn't have was the last 4 digits of the credit card I opened the account with (that card had expired long ago and, as I never used it, I didn't keep any info from it).

So I had to call Xbox Live support. Well, they have a policy that unless you remember the previous credit card number you cannot update the account with a new credit card (does that seem odd to anyone else?). I pissed and moaned enough and the operator began to work with me.

She created a little game where I guessed each of the last four digits of my old credit card number and she would make a noise when I guessed correctly. It was both strange and hilarious. I'd be like, "is the 1st digit a zero, is it a one, is it a two?" -and every now and then I'd hear her yell "ding ding!".

Odd.

Oh, and I can't access my "friends" list online either. I blame it on the whole stupid .net thing. Actually, I like to blame lots of stuff on .net.