LCVG
dogbert

GTA San Andreas hits Xbox & PC...

Well it appears that I will hace to go into the evil "W" to pick up my copy today. what game-a-olics won't do to get their fix.

Its going to be a long 30min wait I have one of my empolyes out delivering goods with my truck :bh It's going to be an even longer day :bh may have to take an extra long lunch today :P

"Now She Is Mine"

Mocking me sitting next to the phone on my desk....is it 5 o clock yet?

Mocking me sitting next to the phone on my desk....is it 5 o clock yet?

This is exactly why I bought it on the way home from work today. :P

...it's pretty damn kick ass! :D

I'm still enjoying that "wide eyed", "kid on xmas day", kind of feeling I have right now, just trying to learn the area and take in the new sights. I REALLY love they way they've intelligently set up this city.

Every morning, I run down to the chicken joint, hit the gym, hang wit ma homies on the corner, and cap any Ballas that come our way. :lmfao

I laughed my ass off the first time I heard someone say, "I've got crabs as big as baseballs".

The improvements over the PS2 are so noticeable. The graphics are so much smoother, the sound has more "kick" to it, and driving is so much easier with the x-box analog sticks. I took a ride out to the countryside and went on a small killing spree. Had to show those whitebread country folk who was boss. :)

-Dean-

Now that Romier’s informed me just how morbidly obese one can make their character from stopping at every fast food restaurant you pass, the possibilities for some rather absurd humour are urging me to buy this sooner than I had initially planned. Given it makes him slower on foot, to make my character as unfit as possible and see how far I can get with him sounds like a lot of fun.

Easing off on the old plastic this month however, so if I can find it in store at the same price online stores are asking (29.99) I will grab it.

Daniel

Would I like this game? I grew tired of the III after about 20 hours of play. And played VC for about 8 hours before getting tired of it. Is there anything about this game that is improved or different that might entice someone who grew tired of the formula. I THINK my problem is with the game design. I eventually lost the feeling of moving forward. I didn't feel I was making progress, rather that I was just messing around in the sandbox. So there was nothing much driving me forward, and this produces gamer fatigue.

Is their a greater sense of story momentum in this game. Because the previous game made me feel a little like I was playing Mario Party or Fusion Frenzy (Just a selective series of mini-games).

Would I like this game? I grew tired of the III after about 20 hours of play. And played VC for about 8 hours before getting tired of it.

Nope. The game doesn't make substantial changes to the formula so if you tired of the "sandbox" in the previous games, you'll tire of it here also. The game does have main story missions that you can progress through without touching much of any of the mini-games though. However, both of the original games did also, so I doubt you'll feel any different about this one Keith.

Probably nobody is that far into the game yet, but I'd appreciate any input on how difficult the flying aircraft missions are with a mouse/keyboard combo? I seem to remember people complaining a lot about this because the PS2 controller was a bit twitchy with it.

Picked this up tonight, woo! :D

Couldn't afford it, but I needed me some mayhem in Vegas, er, whatever it's called ;)

The Futureshop I went to had copies of the PC version, but hadn't received the XBox version yet... which I found odd since the Rogers Video I work at got our XBox copies that day, and we're usually at least a few days late.

I would think they'd be everywhere today.

where did you find this in canada mark?

Really? I'm here in Ottawa and the EB at the local mall was overflowing with copies of the DVD version. Every FutureShop here shows it in stock, and I saw a copy at a CompuSmart too :). Good luck hunting it down.

Took me a while to get into the groove, but GTA is back, dogs. I love the vibe in this game. I'm not sure if it'll top the 80's theme of Vice City just yet, but it's doing a good job. The characters are awesome, it really feels like you're down with the gang, and the spray can is a much cooler fit than the hidden packages.

Only did a few missions yet, most of them being made difficult just because my driving skill is totally shitarsed. Looking forward to the chance to get that up because the cars right now handle like they're being driven on a skating rink. One thing I do miss from the PC conversion of VC is the ability to call up a nice map at any time that overlayed the driving. That saved my ass more than once in the previous title and I'm expecting a slight increase in difficulty here with its exclusion.

The micromanagement isn't as bad as I thought. I get to the gym, hammer some buttons for a bit, run to grab a meal at the Cluckin' Hell and then it's on to da missions. Missions so far are fun, the "Drive-Thru" one was a hoot because of Big Sweet, my fave character so far. :tu

well admittedly, i didn't hit the best locations today. Futureshop, BestBuy, Wal-Mart, and Superstore. All three didn't know when they were coming in. Futureshop online and bestbuy online also don't show them having any stock. I'm not sure what's going on, guess I'll have to find an ebgames or something.

thanks tho