LCVG
dogbert

Boardgames & Cardgames, oh my!

25 minutes ago, Mark E said:

I’m attempting to cut back on KS stuff, I swear!

Its been pretty easy actually. There are too many companies that have ridiculous delays and come up with bullshit excuses. So I just avoid them now unless its a must have IMO. Others will be discounted at retail in no time. 

The only other game I know I will back is the next TMNT big box in October.

• Like 1

Miniature Market is having a sale starting soon, but some stuff is showing already.  This code should work for everyone  for an extra 5% off- MM5RDTN 

Wasteland Delivery Service $50

Clank in Space $33

Food Chain Magnate $82.50

Yokohama $30

Dragonfire $35

Antiquity $72

Firefly Browncoats $30

TMNT The Works $140

Black Plague $64

Godfather Corleone's Empire $42 ish

Much more will be up, those are just some I saw on BGG and while searching the site.

• Like 1

We do not play many worker placement games, as most of the themes are not really in our wheelhouse. However it seems if a company releases one that is Viking Themed, we really enjoy it. Tonight we played Raiders of the North Sea , and it's going on my favorite games list.:banderas:  I enjoyed every single thing about it.  Game was real close . On my last turn I was able to move up one of the score trackers, and break a tie with my brother for the win. Only one person ahead of me could have stopped it from happening, but they went for more points to not come in last place. I hear the expansions are really good for it, so when they are on sale I will be picking them up.

Then we got our asses handed to us by Thanos Again :Cruise:.  

I really enjoyed the one box of the Warhammer Adventure Quest Card game that came out before FFG lost the license. I thought they might reskin it with SW, but they announced yesterday they will use the runewars universe. Looks exactly the same , so I hope they release a good stream of content.

Finally played Scythe last night, and I am mad we did not play it sooner. Loved every second of it . I lost but it was really close. Three of us were at 5 end game conditions each , trying to get some last points, and trigger a 6th at the same time. I just could not do it in one turn.   We used the big board extension, and it is so big it left just enough room on the table for our player Matts, I recommend it though for a 4 player games. I really look forward to playing again.

• Like 2

I really  want to play that before we get into Gloomhaven but my game group, which is two couples, maddeningly has basically alternating vacations all summer.

This Tuesday I am hoping we’ll get in a game of Battle for Rokugan. We’ve been playing a fair amount of Sagrada, which is really fun, and a lot of Decrypto.

Oh, we also tried the new Clank expansion. Nothing earth shattering, but some fun changes. Clank is easily my favourite deck-builder at this point, I think.

I still need to play the first Clank expansion. It is one of my favorite deck builders as well.

• Like 1

Since I had an itch to play Scythe again I bought the early access version on Steam, and been playing it a large portion of the day. For some reason I am destined to play Crimea every single game online and off, even though it is random. I was looking at the achievement list  and thought this one was funny " Execute Order 66, Defeat an Enemy Hero in Battle".

The game needs a lot of work still, and it does not have online play( Just AI and Local pass and Play).  The UI for the player boards, and other important game items is confusing even for someone who has played.  It is beta access so hopefully they get this stuff straightened out. 

• Like 1

One good bit of news that  is that Project Elite has been picked up by CMON (not officially announced yet), and they are going to upgrade everything to be better quality. I did not back it originally as something else big was happening around that time, but it is a game I know our group would enjoy. People love the game, but it's post campaign was horribly done by the game publisher. Some people never received all their stuff, the game publisher shut down, and the creator almost had a nervous breakdown. Luckily he had the game rights, and it seems many in the board game media community talk to other companies to get it reprinted. I know Tom Vassal has been hinting at it for a year or so, and a few others during origins coverage mentioned it. So it's looking closer then ever.

Played Scythe 5 player tonight, and still really enjoyed it. However I will only play more then 4 players with people that have played before. . Otherwise It causes things to drag way too long between turns otherwise. I think that is pretty much my thought process with any game more then an hour.

• Like 1

Acquire last night, still my favorite game. I love how simple it is to teach, but layered in strategy. I got pummeled though.

Next week is probably a return to Bunny Kingdom; week after is going to be Chaos in the Old World (classic!). Then I am on vacation and when we get back... GLOOMHAVEN!

31 minutes ago, Mark E said:

Then I am on vacation and when we get back... GLOOMHAVEN!

You would think being home for so long (injury), I would have started Gloomhaven or one of the other games that can be played solo, but that has not happened. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, JoeyN said:

You would think being home for so long (injury), I would have started Gloomhaven or one of the other games that can be played solo, but that has not happened. 

I’ve had that game since, what, last November? And I just keep looking at the box :P. It’s a freaking commitment!

44 minutes ago, Mark E said:

I’ve had that game since, what, last November? And I just keep looking at the box :P. It’s a freaking commitment!

Lol I just played Scythe a few times after it sitting forever. I still have Star Trek Ascendency which I bought in sept of 2016 not played either.

2 hours ago, JoeyN said:

You would think being home for so long (injury) ... 

What happened? Are you okay? PM me if it it isn't for public.

16 minutes ago, Robot Monkey said:

What happened? Are you okay? PM me if it it isn't for public.

It’s fine to mention, I posted about it in another thread where injuries came up. I woke up one morning in a lot of pain, turned out I had two dislocated discs in lower back, they pushed down on the nerve. Not fun. It’s a lot better now, but still recovering.

• Sad 1

Ugh, feel better,Joey. Back issues are the worst. My spine is fused in like three spaces and I find that bad enough - it’s why I run; if I stop my body is going to seize up from arthritis.

I can’t imagine nerve compression, damn.

Yeah if I don’t move for a few days, my back tightens up . Also need to do a new job hunt come mid August.

• Like 1

I thought I was going to get out of amazon prime day without spending a penny, but ebay of all places had a crazy limited time coupon. $10 off a $10 purchase. So I picked up an Arkham LCG Mathos pack I did not have for $1.98. 

• Like 1