Jump to content
LCVG
dogbert

Boardgames & Cardgames, oh my!

Recommended Posts

I've only played regular Betrayal once, but I really liked it, and could see getting into the Legacy version if I had a group for it.  Given that my "gaming group" these days is either my wife and I, one/both of us and one or more kids (who are a little young for that), or very occasionally other adults, it's a little hard to get into much that's interesting. 

 

On the plus side though, my daughter is enjoying Hogwarts Battle, even if her friends don't get it, and if she's a little fixated by collecting cards with the characters on them vs ones that are the most useful.  I've also got my 6 year old playing Hey That's My Fish, which is at least more interesting than playing Sorry again (even if it does take some effort to set up...).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My 6 year old niece loves Roll for it, king of Tokyo, Ice Cool and Ticket to Ride Jr. We play Hey That’s my Fish once and a while. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey That’s My Fish is one of my favorite fillers, but is indeed a massive undertaking to set up versus other games :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is one of the easier games I have to set up :) ninja camp is similar but has a giant grid of cards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I ended up buying two games after all... for my niece for Christmas. Cool Stuff has My Little Scythe for $25, and amazon has stuffed fables for $40.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats-mine is stuck in the Canada Post backlog somewhere...  I only ended up getting the base though-see if it's any good first before getting all the expansions.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The one benefit to having it Kickstarted was that Snakes & Lattes did FedEx :).

 

That and getting the expansions ahead of retail. I trust Restoration Games, so I went all in with this one.

 

Next up is going to be Chronicles of Crime...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mark E said:

Oh yes...

 

 

575799CF-E01E-4CFF-8191-966CD34ED7AD.jpeg

 

I saw this at Barnes and Noble over the weekend,  and had Saturday morning cartoon commercial flashbacks.  Is the game any good though?  Or is is nostalgia?  (I've never actually played it)  Seems like my kids might like it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven’t even opened it so I dunno yet. I have never been let down by Restoration Games though - I have great faith in the company.

 

They’re remaking Dark Tower next, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Kyle-K said:

I saw this at Barnes and Noble over the weekend,  and had Saturday morning cartoon commercial flashbacks.  Is the game any good though?  Or is is nostalgia?  (I've never actually played it)  Seems like my kids might like it...

 

The original game from the 80s was pretty bad, but this is a re-imagining of it from actual game designers, so we'll see how it turns out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We started Betrayal Legacy last night and if you have a group of 4-5 who like that style of game it is pretty goddamn fantastic.

 

The prologue is hilariously done, very clever, and the first haunt we got was a blast.

 

It is WAY less obtuse in the rules department as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The digital version of Blood Rage KS campaign is ending soon. Plenty of physical rewards for the real game. Larger versions of the Gods expansion including an alt version of the Hili promo, 3 new monsters, new sculpts/versions of the last KS exclusive monsters, 3d markers for the board tracks, and a new clan. Plus there is a new oversized playmat add on, and and upgraded player boards add on. Pledging a $1 now as this is a bad time for a KS, and will pay in pledge manager. I can not pass up new Blood Rage gameplay and upgrades. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/9/2018 at 6:05 AM, JoeyN said:

The digital version of Blood Rage KS campaign is ending soon. Plenty of physical rewards for the real game. Larger versions of the Gods expansion including an alt version of the Hili promo, 3 new monsters, new sculpts/versions of the last KS exclusive monsters, 3d markers for the board tracks, and a new clan. Plus there is a new oversized playmat add on, and and upgraded player boards add on. Pledging a $1 now as this is a bad time for a KS, and will pay in pledge manager. I can not pass up new Blood Rage gameplay and upgrades. 

 

I'm a little irritated by it, to be honest, as I have a fancy Broken Token insert for my Blood Rage + KS goodies, and I've no clue what this one actually *gives* me, value wise - I don't need alternative figures, for example. Might back it for the digital game, for now.  #firstworldproblems etc, I know :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dogbert said:

 

I'm a little irritated by it, to be honest, as I have a fancy Broken Token insert for my Blood Rage + KS goodies, and I've no clue what this one actually *gives* me, value wise - I don't need alternative figures, for example. Might back it for the digital game, for now.  #firstworldproblems etc, I know :)

 

I have the same insert. 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×