LCVG
dogbert

Boardgames & Cardgames, oh my!

I've only played regular Betrayal once, but I really liked it, and could see getting into the Legacy version if I had a group for it.  Given that my "gaming group" these days is either my wife and I, one/both of us and one or more kids (who are a little young for that), or very occasionally other adults, it's a little hard to get into much that's interesting. 

On the plus side though, my daughter is enjoying Hogwarts Battle, even if her friends don't get it, and if she's a little fixated by collecting cards with the characters on them vs ones that are the most useful.  I've also got my 6 year old playing Hey That's My Fish, which is at least more interesting than playing Sorry again (even if it does take some effort to set up...).

My 6 year old niece loves Roll for it, king of Tokyo, Ice Cool and Ticket to Ride Jr. We play Hey That’s my Fish once and a while. 

Hey That’s My Fish is one of my favorite fillers, but is indeed a massive undertaking to set up versus other games :P

That is one of the easier games I have to set up :) ninja camp is similar but has a giant grid of cards.

Well I ended up buying two games after all... for my niece for Christmas. Cool Stuff has My Little Scythe for $25, and amazon has stuffed fables for $40.

Congrats-mine is stuck in the Canada Post backlog somewhere...  I only ended up getting the base though-see if it's any good first before getting all the expansions.

• Like 1

The one benefit to having it Kickstarted was that Snakes & Lattes did FedEx :).

That and getting the expansions ahead of retail. I trust Restoration Games, so I went all in with this one.

Next up is going to be Chronicles of Crime...

6 hours ago, Mark E said:

Oh yes...

575799CF-E01E-4CFF-8191-966CD34ED7AD.jpeg

I saw this at Barnes and Noble over the weekend,  and had Saturday morning cartoon commercial flashbacks.  Is the game any good though?  Or is is nostalgia?  (I've never actually played it)  Seems like my kids might like it...

I haven’t even opened it so I dunno yet. I have never been let down by Restoration Games though - I have great faith in the company.

They’re remaking Dark Tower next, too.

15 hours ago, Kyle-K said:

I saw this at Barnes and Noble over the weekend,  and had Saturday morning cartoon commercial flashbacks.  Is the game any good though?  Or is is nostalgia?  (I've never actually played it)  Seems like my kids might like it...

The original game from the 80s was pretty bad, but this is a re-imagining of it from actual game designers, so we'll see how it turns out. 

We started Betrayal Legacy last night and if you have a group of 4-5 who like that style of game it is pretty goddamn fantastic.

The prologue is hilariously done, very clever, and the first haunt we got was a blast.

It is WAY less obtuse in the rules department as well.

The digital version of Blood Rage KS campaign is ending soon. Plenty of physical rewards for the real game. Larger versions of the Gods expansion including an alt version of the Hili promo, 3 new monsters, new sculpts/versions of the last KS exclusive monsters, 3d markers for the board tracks, and a new clan. Plus there is a new oversized playmat add on, and and upgraded player boards add on. Pledging a $1 now as this is a bad time for a KS, and will pay in pledge manager. I can not pass up new Blood Rage gameplay and upgrades. 

On 12/9/2018 at 6:05 AM, JoeyN said:

The digital version of Blood Rage KS campaign is ending soon. Plenty of physical rewards for the real game. Larger versions of the Gods expansion including an alt version of the Hili promo, 3 new monsters, new sculpts/versions of the last KS exclusive monsters, 3d markers for the board tracks, and a new clan. Plus there is a new oversized playmat add on, and and upgraded player boards add on. Pledging a $1 now as this is a bad time for a KS, and will pay in pledge manager. I can not pass up new Blood Rage gameplay and upgrades. 

I'm a little irritated by it, to be honest, as I have a fancy Broken Token insert for my Blood Rage + KS goodies, and I've no clue what this one actually *gives* me, value wise - I don't need alternative figures, for example. Might back it for the digital game, for now.  #firstworldproblems etc, I know :)

2 hours ago, dogbert said:

I'm a little irritated by it, to be honest, as I have a fancy Broken Token insert for my Blood Rage + KS goodies, and I've no clue what this one actually *gives* me, value wise - I don't need alternative figures, for example. Might back it for the digital game, for now.  #firstworldproblems etc, I know :)

I have the same insert. 😀