LCVG
dogbert

Boardgames & Cardgames, oh my!

What's a game night? :( 

Played first two 'years' of Harry Potter card game with my daughter. Huge hit, way better than the Big Book of Madness, the only other deck builder she's tried. The idea of "years" introducing new cards + mechanics following the books/films is awesome. Looking forward to playing some more. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dogbert said:

What's a game night? :( 

Played first two 'years' of Harry Potter card game with my daughter. Huge hit, way better than the Big Book of Madness, the only other deck builder she's tried. The idea of "years" introducing new cards + mechanics following the books/films is awesome. Looking forward to playing some more. 

Yes it is really good. We still need to finish the base game, so I can open the expansion.

It’s been tough here too. We are desperately trying to finish Betrayal before we go on vacation, but life’s been tossing curveballs.

Also my girlfriend is going to kill me if I don’t sell some games. Speaking of, Aeon’s End Legacy arrived and I’m quite excited to get that out. And Suburbia CE has been backed because I love that game.

Otherwise I’m fine. Though I have considered a couple packs of those Keyforge decks...

1 hour ago, Mark E said:

It’s been tough here too. We are desperately trying to finish Betrayal before we go on vacation, but life’s been tossing curveballs.

Also my girlfriend is going to kill me if I don’t sell some games. Speaking of, Aeon’s End Legacy arrived and I’m quite excited to get that out. And Suburbia CE has been backed because I love that game.

Otherwise I’m fine. Though I have considered a couple packs of those Keyforge decks...

Once you buy some decks, let’s hop on crucible and play some games.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, dogbert said:

We made it through Year 7 last week on our first try.  It definitely gets much harder, and there were a few points where I had to stop myself from just telling her what she should be doing all the time, but it's a co-op game, so offering "suggestions" is at least encouraged.  It gets to the point of there being a lot to keep track of.

• Like 1

Finally got everyone (all 5 of us) here for a game night last night, and I really wanted to play TMNT Shadows of the Past again (as the 2.0 version of the game was ending on KS last night, more on that later). As i mentioned last time we played, we enjoyed it a lot, and the system is great, but we played some stuff wrong which I thought made the scenarios a lot longer then they should have been. I read the rule book again, and I do not know how I got anything wrong the first time, as the game is very easy to learn.  😆  We started from the beginning again, and this time it was exactly how I thought it would be. Game play was much quicker, and we had no issues at all. First few scenarios are more for beginners, but we can see how it will get more challenging as well move on. Would have got another scenario in but we decided to take a food break. Everyone had a great time, wanted to play more, and we are all looking forward to moving forward in the campaign next game night. Someone else wants to play the villain next time, and in this system its very possible to do.

As I mentioned above, the KS for version 2.0 of the game ended last night, and was funded with a ton of content. Looking forward to the Co-op and Skirmish modes being added. Plus they have plans for more content going forward.   It is the first game I actually purchased  on Kickstarter since Gloomhaven second printing. .  A few of the guys in the home brew community I became friendly with from the first campaign, were actually brought on to work on the updated version, but they never said why Kevin Wilson was not working on it, as he designed the system.  That is until the end of this campaign. Turns out Kevin Wilson is doing a Batman The Animated Series Adventure game using the same exact dice system and will be on kickstarter next year. The games in the adventure system will be cross compatible, so stuff from the newer Turtles comic series can actually cross over. Frankly I am glad I did not end up backing the Monolith batman game now. This one will get a lot more play, and more support not being KS exclusive. 

I got around to opening a bunch of keyforge decks I had bought, and I actually got one of the decks that they made invalid because of the name. Lets see what they do with a replacement.