LCVG
fighting fish

Anybody interested in a Table Tennis or Fight Night Tournament?

I was late buying Rockstar's Table Tennis so I missed out on the first tournament, and my poor copy of Fight Night has just been sitting there, gathering dust. Anybody interested in starting up a couple of tournaments?

--- edit ---

So, here is the list as it stands now:

Table Tennis Tournament:

fighting fish

RingWraith

boogieman187

CaptDS9E

Lord Darkness

Parrish

Hustle

Sparkz

TechWyse Guy

Covak

Wesvans

I was late buying Rockstar's Table Tennis so I missed out on the first tournament

So did everyone who joined the tourney.....IE it never happened. So yeah...I am interested in a tourney.

-Dean-

So did everyone who joined the tourney.....IE it never happened. So yeah...I am interested in a tourney.

-Dean-

:lol well then, I don't feel so bad about missing it!

I'll be in the tournament. Although I'm not very good and haven't made it past the amateur tourny in single player. Haven't played on-line yet either. I did beat my brother-in-law, but he hadn't played a game since Sega Genesis.

I'm in for the table tennis.....still haven't unlocked all the characters so i guess I better get working on it!!

Well, looks like we're shapin' up for some good table tennis. Looking like people have moved on from Fight Night, but we'll have to go a few rounds one of these times, boogieman187.

Well, looks like we're shapin' up for some good table tennis. Looking like people have moved on from Fight Night, but we'll have to go a few rounds one of these times, boogieman187.

Whenever you see me on, send me an fight invite. I think quicksand was wanting to fight as well. I should be playing games tonight.

ONE MORE!

If we get another person signing up to play pong... er, uh, table tennis, then we'll have an even number of players. To sweeten the pot, I’ll offer up a brand new Ferrari to the winner of the tournament!*

* - offer not valid to any participants living outside of Antarctica.

If you don't get one more, then I'll offer to have a play-in game with Serious Crayon (if its ok with him), since we were the last two to sign up. Winner gets a spot in the tourny of 8. Plus, a tourny of 8 may be simpler to manage than a tourny of 10.

I should have a copy of the game coming from Gameznflix in the next day or so.

I guess I could join in with you guys then.

I'll let you know when I get it.

Glen

sparkz its fine with me to have the play in game. we just need to make sure we use the same set of rules as the tourney..how many points, sets etc.. When do you want to do it? If you haven't sent me an invite please do and when I get home tonight I will accept.

Thanks,

Dave

Well, count me out. I got it yesterday... and sent it back today. It was ok, but I'd rather try out some other things in my rental queue.

Glen

I actually read the f'ing manual last night. Apparently you can do an on-line timed tournament with up to 8 people. Its a round robin match where you play all of the other people in 5 minute matches, whoever scores the most points in 5 minutes wins the match. Is that the type of tournament were are trying to organize, or is it more like the single elimination, 8->4->2->winner style tourny? If that's the case, what rules to play by? The default: first to 11, best 2 out of 3?

I'm not really sure how easy it will be to get 8 guys online at the same time for a timed tourny, so can I suggest an 8 player single elimination with default rules? If that's good with everyone, that's what Dave and I can do for the play-in game now that Glen is out.

Wow, I never read the manual either! Interesting. It might be hard to get everybody in for an online timed tournament, but if everybody's interested, I'm game. If not, then we'll do the play in game and then just schedule our games individually.

I could join in for either game, if you still need people.

As long as things aren't going down tonight or tomorrow night, anyways...

I'm game for Table Tennis. Haven't been at the computer much this past week, missed this thread.

Count me in if there's room!

Cheers,

- Tom

So its been almost two months and no posts...Is there still any interest in this Tourny? Or should we just stick a fork in it, unsticky the thread, and let it sink to the bottom?