LCVG
kelley

Netflix members...

Some unhappy customers over at AVS. Oh well, in these tough economic times... (sorry, but had to pull that phrase out, since it's been used to DEATH on local TV news)

Dropped my plan to one out at-a-time, and considering dropping it altogether. I haven't watched that many lately anyways.

Like Eric, we'll be dropping down to the 1 at a time (+ BD). We'd been thinking about dropping down & this provides the impetus to make the change.

Like Eric, we'll be dropping down to the 1 at a time (+ BD). We'd been thinking about dropping down & this provides the impetus to make the change.

This seems to be the consequence of the scaling Blue Ray price... People downgrade their accounts and keep blue ray access... People seem to be planning to do this all over the place

I dropped to one at a time after the Netflix app for 360. I still think it's a good deal. The extra fee is pretty reasonable, considering the higher costs of BluRay discs.

I dropped to one at a time after the Netflix app for 360. I still think it's a good deal. The extra fee is pretty reasonable, considering the higher costs of BluRay discs.

Yep, I've no problem with the extra fee either though the increase stings a little; the price change just tips it over the edge of the budget for me.

I went from 3 to 2 out at a time (inlimited) last month because I just wasn't watching discs nearly as much. So now I'm paying the same as I was for 3 out at a time. :w00t

Edit: I would just like to say that if you are on the 8 out at a time plan...seek help. :) I had no idea their plans went that high. That is nuts.

I would have less of an issue with this price increase if every bluray new release that I put in my queue wasn't stuck on 'Very Long Wait' for two or three months. Pretty disappointing.

I've been on the one unlimited + BR for a while, I go through about 2 movies a week and barely have time for that.

I dont know if I can bitch. For $10.99 a month unlimited blu rays and streaming. Really a paltry amount when you think about it.

That's a hefty increase.

The wife says she'll just cancel the blu-ray part (she was on the 2-out plan). She's willing to just watch the DVD and then buy the Blu-ray later if we like it.

I've been running a free blockbuster 1-out plan since like November (was a fatwallet deal). I tend to get through like 1 movie a month on a rental so this way I wasn't tying up the wife's netflix slots. (I've had 3:10 to Yuma BD since late January I haven't watched).

I think I'll keep blockbuster at the 2-per-month plan for $3.99/mo for my own use and we can always rent a BD with it if I want.

I'm considering dropping down to 1 or 2 discs a month. The Internet is blowing up in protest to this rate hike, Netflix is going to have to so something in response. They backed down last year when people got into an uproar about removal of sub-accounts.

What I don't get is they are spouting the same facts about extra BR costs they used back in October to justify the $1 premium. What has changed in 5 months that requires a 400% fee increase?

I would have less of an issue with this price increase if every bluray new release that I put in my queue wasn't stuck on 'Very Long Wait' for two or three months. Pretty disappointing.

Really? I've only been a member since NXE came out, but I get new movies ASAP. Slumdog is shipping out to me already

What I don't get is they are spouting the same facts about extra BR costs they used back in October to justify the $1 premium. What has changed in 5 months that requires a 400% fee increase?

Exactlly. I'd like to hear their response to that question.

Really? I've only been a member since NXE came out, but I get new movies ASAP. Slumdog is shipping out to me already

Well there are all kinds of conspiracy theories out there in terms of how Netflix 'favors' new subscribers in this respect. I remember when I signed up a few years ago, I seemed to get all new releases on release day. I've had Pineapple Express at the top of my queue now for like three months with no joy.

Huh. I have like 10 BDs in my queue right now and every single one shows "Now".

I have been a member for like 2 months so yeah, guess they DO have some strange conspiracy going on. Like I've got Twilight coming tomorrow on BD and that JUST came out.

Most of mine show now. I've considering going to Blockbuster for $1 less a month but I had to change when Netflix has treated me so good. Since $3 a month is equivalent to $36 a year, I don't think the change is really that bad. I know a bunch of us want to downgrade to 1 out at a time which I can understand but to say that $36 a year increase breaks your budget.... maybe you are running your budget a bit too tight. That's barely enough to pay for a decent meal out. I can make that sacrifice.

I think the problem people have is that this was the exact reason for the price increase last year. Blu's have not gotten more expensive since then, so why another hike?

-Dean-

Costs more to do business these days? Simple economics. 400% seems like a lot but in reality it's the cost of a dinner out with your SO. Considering the high return on your spending, it's a deal. You can barely hit 1 movie at the theater for that extra coin.

Ditto, I received Slumdog today. Maybe it has to do with distribution centers?