LCVG
kelley

Netflix members...

4 hours ago, Camp said:

It worked perfectly on my Amazon Fire. Perhaps only select (older?) Fire devices are not compatible?

I watched it on my Xbox out of fear my FireTV wouldn't work.  The Xbox controller rumbled every time you had to make a choice.  Neat!

Carlos. 

Amazon Prime - Homecoming.  From the writer/director of Mr. Robot, this is a strange tale of a program set up to rehabilitate returning soldiers with PTSD, but nothing is as it seems.  

First, I really hate Julia Roberts.  I hate that someone, somewhere, decided she is America's sweetheart and some kind of beauty queen, where to me she is neither.  That's why she's perfect in this role, about as un-glamorous as you've ever seen her.  She is a fine actress, no doubt.   Bobby Cannavale, also seen in Mr. Robot, chews scenery like a boss, and it's glorious.  Shea Whigham is pretty great too. 

It's a good story, moving along a little to slowly at times, and telegraphing its twists in stark contrast to Mr. Robot's many WTF moments.  The first season really seems to stand on its own, and wrap up completely,  but there will be a second.  

I give it 3 out of 5 Pretty Women.

Carlos.

• Like 1

On 12/28/2018 at 4:47 PM, JoeyN said:

In one of the dumbest things I have seen, the Black Mirror movie does not work on Apple TV, amazon fire, chromecast and a bunch of other devices. If you use an iPad it won’t let you stream to tv either. Yet they already have other interactive content that does. 

We had this problem too. Sat down to watch it and were greeted with a video telling us it wasn’t supported on the AppleTV. 

Then looked it up online and found out my Chromecast, which is my backup for things that don’t work on ATV also wasn’t supported. 

Thankfully the Netflix on my cable box, of all things, worked fine (except for the fact that our Christmas tree blocks the IR signals). I was worried we were going to have to cast from a PC. 

4 hours ago, Graeme said:

We had this problem too. Sat down to watch it and were greeted with a video telling us it wasn’t supported on the AppleTV. 

Then looked it up online and found out my Chromecast, which is my backup for things that don’t work on ATV also wasn’t supported. 

Thankfully the Netflix on my cable box, of all things, worked fine (except for the fact that our Christmas tree blocks the IR signals). I was worried we were going to have to cast from a PC. 

PS4 and Xbox work without issue as well.

8 hours ago, Graeme said:

The kicker is it ain’t worth all that trouble.

• Like 2

On 1/2/2019 at 1:06 PM, Carlucci said:

Amazon Prime - Homecoming.  From the writer/director of Mr. Robot, this is a strange tale of a program set up to rehabilitate returning soldiers with PTSD, but nothing is as it seems.  

It's a good story, moving along a little to slowly at times, and telegraphing its twists in stark contrast to Mr. Robot's many WTF moments.  The first season really seems to stand on its own, and wrap up completely,  but there will be a second.  

Agreed.  I really enjoyed this.  I wouldn’t mind a second season but fear they will fail miserably.  Roberts and Stephan James were good but Bobby Cannavale was great.

On 1/3/2019 at 12:07 AM, AlbertA said:

The kicker is it ain’t worth all that trouble.

Also agree.  Oh man was I bored by this. The worst parts were having to decide because i coudn’t have given less of a fuck.  Ugh!  Easily the worst Black Mirror episode, IMO.