LCVG
kelley

Netflix members...

Here is mine (James is my "official" first name):

http://www.netflix.com/BeMyFriend/PATXJtjA8sVxtTFoZ24w

It is a new account, so not many ratings yet. Don't judge me on my queue, it pretty much consists of every HD-DVD that has been released :)

You can edit your profile under friends to display a nickname, and an avatar, if you want.

Edit: looks like you already did that. :)

Carlos.

Has anyone else checked the watch now feature? I did this the other day with The Office for me it worked pretty well it will be a great way to get though my list of tv on dvd much quicker. Although not every thng seems to be avalable.

I believe the site was down because of the power outage we had here in downtown SF. Our power at work was out for a while, apparently it took down Cnet, craigslist, and a few other high-profile sites.

From the article above..

the breakdown didn't appear to be related to San Francisco power outages that were blamed for temporarily knocking out several popular Web sites, including Craigslist, Technorati, Typepad and Livejournal.

I believe the site was down because of the power outage we had here in downtown SF. Our power at work was out for a while, apparently it took down Cnet, craigslist, and a few other high-profile sites.

The website went down last night originally, the power disruption just added to the woes. I blame the drunk guy.

Not a good week for Netflix.

This will actually be my last month of Netflix now that my local Blockbuster is carrying all Blu-Ray releases.

-Dean-

I already cancelled mine and I am in the process of signing up for BBOnline. Going to just fill my online cart up with HD-DVDs and rent the BRs in store.

Well well well, seems like Blockbuster's unlimited in store exchange is no more. On their $17.99 plan you are now allowed just 5 in store exchanges and each one after that is $1.99. The cheaper the plan, the less instore exchanges you get.

Blockbuster just closed a ton of their stores in Lexington, so I'm sticking with Netflix. To be honest I have no complaints about Netflix other than the occasional throttling they do (which I haven't noticed in months).

For the second time in as many months, Netflix has lowered the price of the 3-out plan $1 to $15.99.

Strangely, only a "select few" will get the price drop. Fortunately I am one of the lucky ones, I got my notification email yesterday about the drop.

While I was out of town my wife mailed our netflix rental back. She took the movie out of the DVD player, popped it in the envelope and mailed it in. Only problem was, the movie was a Blu-ray and it was in the PS3.

Netflix didn't catch the error, and checked-in the movie and sent us our next one.

I have no idea what movie was in the DVD player. I'm guessing it was one of the kids movies, but so far we haven't been able to match it up with an empty box.

So now I have the movie "The Orphanage" sitting here, and I don't know what to do. Will netflix eventually catch this when they try to send it to the next customer? Should I bring it to their attention, or wait until they discover the error?

Carlos.

By the way, my movie ratings (and rentals) are shared by my wife & myself. For the bunch of chick flicks & crap comedies, all the blame lies on her. Honest.

I've been thinking of create a new sub account just for this reason alone. :D

Just got an email that Netflix is going to start charging a $1.00 for Blu rays on top of membership. Fuckers! Its only a buck but...fuckers!

They warned you earlier this year, Bruce, that the charge was coming :) $1 is less than I expected, frankly. I can live with it.

Fuckers. But it beats buying BRs that I'll never watch again.

I agree. It sucks that they are doing it, but they save me so much money that it ends up being worth it.