LCVG
kelley

Netflix members...

I was wondering why I was getting emails about people accepting my invitation. I hadnt sent any out in awhile and I sat here for five minutes trying to make sure this wasnt a phishing attempt.

Forgot I had my link in this thread.

Netflix must have updated the instant viewing expiration dates today, because now over one third of my queue is only available until January 1st.

Netflix must have updated the instant viewing expiration dates today, because now over one third of my queue is only available until January 1st.

I had several PBS documentaries expire yesterday.

Is that $1 per blu-ray movie, or $1 extra per month for bluray movies in the queue? Because an extra $1 a month is still fantastic and blu-rays do cost ~$10 more than DVDs. I can definitely deal with that small increase.

Sitting here with Hellboy II, Hancock, and Get Smart all Bluray from Netflix just today. $1 a month? I'm robbing them blind...

Is that $1 per blu-ray movie, or $1 extra per month for bluray movies in the queue? Because an extra $1 a month is still fantastic and blu-rays do cost ~$10 more than DVDs. I can definitely deal with that small increase.

Sitting here with Hellboy II, Hancock, and Get Smart all Bluray from Netflix just today. $1 a month? I'm robbing them blind...

$1 for the queue, not per disc.

I have been doing the free trial. So far I have only watched the instant queue films. However, I have Starz and Encore on demand (4.95 a month) and most of the instant watch films come from there. If I add films to my queue to be mailed I can get 14 more days added to my free trial. I don't think I will sign up for it after the trial.

Yep.I love the show. I'm pissed about two things though. The show was filmed in Widescreen, but has never been released on DVD or via streaming in that format. The second season was never released on DVD. Hopefully with JMS getting all this movie work we will finally see a release.

If no one has watched Jeremiah yet, I recommend watching it before the end of the month

Just started watching this and "Weeds" as I never subscribed to Showtime. Both are very good shows I otherwise would have never bothered with.

Maybe I've been asleep at the wheel, but I noticed today that the streaming worked on my mac - using a Microsoft Silverlight plugin.

It's new

I'm trying to decide if joining Netflix will work for me. I'd appreciate any input.

Is the selection of new release movies available on the Xbox 360 for streaming the same as the selection for DVD & Blu-ray rentals?

I only care about new release movies. I tend not to watch a movie again after seeing it once so the depth of the catalog is not important to me. I am also only interested in the Xbox streaming delivery method as it sounds fairly instantaneous. I'm really not interested in renting physical media nor the streaming to PC/Mac option.

If your in it for new movies, then no this is not for you. It's like having a back catalog of older releases for movies. TV shows it's a lot of older shows, or past seasons of shows. The only TV shows that are up to date weekly are the CSI's and NCIS (wish CBS would add the Unit on there).

For me I use it for older movies I never saw, Direct to Video stuff I wouldn't buy, and TV shows. I'm kind of pissed Jeremiah, and Outer limits is to the end of the month(hopefully Netflix and MGM renews). I haven't watched much of the Outer Limits, and Jeremiah S2 is not out on DVD. I like going back to watch certain episodes

My dad came to spend the day with me while my mom, wife and sisters all went shopping. He asked me if I had the movie "Of Mice and Men" with Gary Sinise, because he had been wanting to see it again. With him watching, I went to netflix, found it, added it to my Watch Now queue, started up the xbox, watched it magically appear in the list, and then we started watching the movie.

My dad now thinks I'm a Sorcerer.

Carlos.

Yep here is the entire thing

"1 DVD out at-a-time (2 DVDs a month)

Monthly plan cost: $4.99

Additional monthly charge for Blu-ray access on this plan: $1

Monthly plan cost with Blu-ray access: $5.99

1 DVD out at-a-time (Unlimited)

Monthly plan cost: $8.99

Additional monthly charge for Blu-ray access on this plan: $2

Monthly plan cost with Blu-ray access: $10.99

2 DVDs out at-a-time (Unlimited)