LCVG

Official LCVG Forza 2 tourney

Cyberwoo

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that'll put Group B down to just 4, as I haven't heard back from Brandon yet, either. (he had posted about having a new job & a move recently) No biggee. We'll be dropping down to 1 group in a few weeks, anyway, if not sooner.

Good luck today everyone, and may your Xbox 360s not die on you.

And just as I was going to ask if anyone from group A wanted to move to group B I get a message from Qucisand saying he is at work and can't make it today. At this point we may as well merge everyone we know who is going to showup and just have 1 room of 8. :)

Week 1 group A results put in the 1st thread. I'll include pics of the final screen from here on out. I completely forgot about it today. Its always fun to go back and see who had the best overall lap time, how close everyone was in total time, etc. I'll make sure to highlight the last place person in a flashing bright red color. ;)

Good race Group B. The results are in the second post of this thread. With only 4 of us in the race, it made it a little bit easier to navigate the track cleanly.

Cyberwoo, what's the plan for next week? With only 9 of us able to make the first week, I suspect we may be down to one group of 8 much sooner than we thought.

Yes despite my racing prowess (re: lack thereof) I had alot of fun :) Thanks to all...

Covak - don't worry about it, I don't feel that it negatively impacted me much as I still posted my best D-Class time ever on Tsukuba in that race.

Figting Fish - Yea that was kinda funny but, you recovered well.

Oh and to all of you - I won't hold a grudge for you lapping me ... soo many times... each...

:)

Cyberwoo, what's the plan for next week? With only 9 of us able to make the first week, I suspect we may be down to one group of 8 much sooner than we thought.

*shrug* I was thinking C class (no Lotus') on Laguna Seca with 25 laps. But then I checked the scoreboards and they were full of MK2's and Mini Coopers and since we just raced with a bunch of similar cars I'm inclined to go to B or A class for next week and then go back to C a couple races later. So how about we go A class on Road Atlanta for our next race? That track fits A class very well IMO.

As far as how we are going to keep running this "tourney" I don't know. Personally I'd like to take the fastest drivers and merge them into 1 group asap. I think we all can see there is a HUGE gap between lap times based on the first race. We can go another week with our 2 groups as is and then make a decision at that point. Or if during the week we see more people drop out and we can form 1 group of 8 people that would be cool as well. What does everyone else think?

So how about we go A class on Road Atlanta for our next race?
That sounds good to me.
As far as how we are going to keep running this "tourney" I don't know. Personally I'd like to take the fastest drivers and merge them into 1 group asap. I think we all can see there is a HUGE gap between lap times based on the first race. We can go another week with our 2 groups as is and then make a decision at that point. Or if during the week we see more people drop out and we can form 1 group of 8 people that would be cool as well. What does everyone else think?
Yeah, it's not fair to kick anyone yet, but with just one more person than a full room, it's sort or awkward now. It's not as much fun to have 2 small groups racing. With merlot & foos possibly re-joining in a few weeks, perhaps there could be a consolation race then, or maybe we will have less than 8 people by then anyway.

Everyone feel free to speak up. I'm up for anything.

The more people the better, it's just that with a bunch not able to make it, it made it more difficult to decide how to run the tournament bracket. Maybe Cyberwoo can firm up the details so people clearly know what the goal/schedule is.

PS My A Class NS-X is fast on Road Atlanta in early testing. :P

Maybe Cyberwoo can firm up the details so people clearly know what the goal/schedule is.

The goal is to eventually end up with a group with the fastest drivers and a group with the slower drivers so we can have some competitive races. I think what I should have done prior to starting this thing was have a couple of qualification rounds where everyone would run hot laps on a couple different tracks. The top drivers would be put in 1 bracket and the rest would go into another. The way its setup now is pretty wonky if only because of the amount of racers and the varying skill levels involved. So the goal is to get people with similar skill levels into their own groups so each race is somewhat competitive. Like I said we can keep running as is (with the 2 seperate A and B groups) for another week or two and then take the top drivers from each group. Or if everyone wants we can split everyone up now. I think we all pretty much know (at least I think I do) eachothers skill levels based on leaderboards and witnessing everyone race online. Does everyone want me to split groups up now or do we want to run another race or two to get a better feel for everyones skill level? Its up to the majority in the name of fairness.

PS My A Class NS-X is fast on Road Atlanta in early testing.

Ya I love my A class NSX-R. I just looked at my best A class time for Road Atlanta and had no idea why my time was only a 1:25 in a Vette and then I realized I got that time recently while driving one of the single player races with resitrictions (couldn't use my NSX). Looking forward to trying the NSX tonight.

Damn ya that NSX is fast on Atlanta. Just ran a 1:23 only after 4 laps in someone elses setup (first NSX I saw on the leaderboards with no assists...I figured it was a decent setup). Meh his driving style varies quite a bit from mine having watched his replay (I'm guessing he is using a gamepad after seeing his rather twitchy steering movements). He is fast though. I dont know how you gamepad guys do it. I will say that there were things he was doing that I cannot do with my wheel (in terms of where he was downshifting, the lines he was taking, etc). I'm guessing it has more to do with his driving style and less to do with controls but it was an interesting experiement trying to drive like him. I mainly download peoples setups just to see what parts they are using for upgrades. I like letting people do all the homework for me (figuring out the best power to handling ratio). Sometimes I just like to drive...even I get a little burned out on all this upgrading and tuning stuff. :) Anyway time to go make my own tweaks and make a run at your time Dan...

Wow now that was anoying. First off I was running ahead of my top ghost by what I'm guessing what almost a full second into the last turn and I took it too fast and ate the tires. :) *click restart* I'm neck and neck with the 1.21.8 ghost I downloaded going down the long straight when the game glitches with the wheel causing my car to downshift into 3rd and my view to look behind me. It was at that point I woke my dog up with a "you've gotta be f'n kidding me!" scream. Ok just 10 more minutes I swear..... (why is this so addicting?)

Oh and I found out the hard way that you have to click finish race to submit you hot lap. I clicked restart and missed submitting a 1.22.8 time so I'm still stuck on 1.23. :) At least now I know not to do that for when I get a better time. That would have really pissed me off. Yes I apparently have no life...

Edit: Eek....getting worse the more I try. Too sleepy I guess.