LCVG

Official LCVG Forza 2 tourney

Cyberwoo

It's the Road Atlanta course, and not the Short version. No assists, as stated in the rules in the first post. Any A Class car you want to use, you can even start with a B, C, or D class car & upgrade it to A class. I usually use the free run in arcade mode, and look at the leaderboards to see what kind of cars people are using. In this event, there are a huge variety of different cars on the leaderboards.

I'm hoping to get into the top 25 on the leaderboard tonight.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I built another NSX (1992 variety) and ripped a 1.22.5. What is frusterating is knowing I'm leaving at least 1 full second out there. At least I know where I'm losing time. You can really make up alot of time if you nail that first turn and maintain good speed through all the way through the downhill portion. I was ahead of my best by at least 1 second through there but of course f'd it up in what is usually one of my better sections (the banked turn followed by a sharp 90 degree turn that leads to the long straight). I took that sucker wide because I started to drive like a lead car as always. I find racing ghosts only hinders my lap times especially when I'm in the lead. There is just something in the brain that goes "oh shit I'm ahead I better drive extra perfect now" which leads to uncharacteristic mistakes. Maybe it will make me a better racer in the end though. Feel the pressure of the ghosts...

Edit: Had some time before work this evening so I put in a few more hot laps in my NSX. After some tweaking to keep the rear of my car from getting too "happy" I ran a 1.21.941. #30 in the world out of 111740 players. That will do for now. Ok Dan its your turn. :)

Covak clean out your PM inbox dude. It says you are full and can't accept anymore PM's. :)

I just sent out PM's to group A asking about Sundays racetime. I'll plan on 2pm PDT like last week unless I hear otherwise.

Covak clean out your PM inbox dude. It says you are full and can't accept anymore PM's. :)

I just sent out PM's to group A asking about Sundays racetime. I'll plan on 2pm PDT like last week unless I hear otherwise.

k :) Any time Sunday is good for me.

Ok Dan its your turn.
Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry. ;) I'll give it a go Fri. or Sat.

Oh, and Group B, we will meet at 9:00 Eastern again Sunday if that works for everybody.

Whale shit. I can't get a class A car that's controllable! I don't have enough cash to purchase any of the ones in the top 50 -- aside from the 914, I guess -- and my 911 is so incredibly tail-happy it's astounding. I tried getting my Integra up there and it's a bit nutty as well. I'm in the European side, so Acura's are pricey to begin with and the parts are steap. Damn!

Damn if that isn't begging for a gift car I dont know what is. ;) Seriously man all you gotta do is ask. I'll logon and gift you something that is easier to drive...

Edit: I gifted you an Eclipse GTX already modded up for A class. AWD, good power to weight ratio, solid #'s all around. I saw one in the top 10 or 20 leaderboard so it should be plenty competitive. Enjoy. :)

I will be disapointed if you do not beat that time Dan. I'm expecting you to.
I managed to improve on your time a bit, up to #22 on the scoreboard. I didn't have a great lap & I think I could cut another half second off with the '92 NSX; it seems a bit quicker than the later model in A Class. Unfortunately, I seem to have strained my neck/shoulder area a bit...I may have tensed it up too much racing against your ghost. :o Hopefully it will improve before Sunday.

BTW, our upgrades are totally different. I tried to load your setup & I don't think that one part was the same!

I won't be practicing anymore this weekend, as my shoulder is hurting me.

Will we be doing 25 laps again, & are we good to go without a pit stop? I think we should keep the races short-ish at this stage of the tournament. What do you think?

Oops sorry I thought I updated the first post with week 2 details. I did so now. Lap count is indeed 25 so the race should take about 35 minutes. No idea if pit stop will be required. I think that will depend on the type of tires you are using.

Damn if that isn't begging for a gift car I dont know what is. ;) Seriously man all you gotta do is ask. I'll logon and gift you something that is easier to drive...

Edit: I gifted you an Eclipse GTX already modded up for A class. AWD, good power to weight ratio, solid #'s all around. I saw one in the top 10 or 20 leaderboard so it should be plenty competitive. Enjoy. :)

:bow Damn man, that's extremely kind of you. It was intended more as bitching than as begging, but I can't argue with a good deed :). Thanks a ton!

Just to let everyone know, I did a trial run & you will need to make a pit stop in this week's race, or you will run out of gas. I thought I might make it, but stopped dead on the 24th lap. Tires were getting bad by then anyway.

You might want to practice going into the pit stop, it's a tricky entrance. Sorry for the late word on this.

Ya I apologize for not testing this out before hand. I just haven't had time for any Forza 2 the last few days save for the brief hot lap run. I'll start being more organized in this thread as well. That first post looks like a mess. I'll clean it up tonight when I post results.

I actually prefer having to pit once a race so long as the race can be completed in about 30min to an hour. Makes things interesting. Good luck to all. Oh and Dan...don't hurt yourself. :)

Sorry guys about forgetting to set the end race timer to the max. By default it is set at 30 seconds and I just completely spaced it. Also I had no idea the finish screen that shows driver placement and points just disapears after the 30second timer ends. I had just grabbed my digital camera to take a pic and *poof* away the screen went. So because nobody else fininshed in that 30second window the game just gives DNF's to everyone and scrambles their positions. Lame. So I was stuck with having to write down everyones postiion once they told me who finished where and I had to guess at the way the game hands out the points for the amount of players we had. This game needs a custom tournament menu badly. Oh well I hope nobody is too pissed for not getting credits for finishing the race. My bad.

So what does everyone want to do with this tournament now? Are you guys enjoying yourselves? Its pretty quiet during the races so its hard to tell. :) I would like to merge everyone into one group now so we have a solid room of 8 people. Something like Cyberwoo/Dan B/Peter O/Covak/Coldforged in 1 group and the rest of you guys in another. Anyway speak up guys. Tell me what you want to do or just tell me to sack up and make the decisions for everyone. :)

I would like to merge everyone into one group now so we have a solid room of 8 people. Something like Cyberwoo/Dan B/Peter O/Covak/Coldforged in 1 group and the rest of you guys in another.
That doesn't make sense. ;)

I mentioned possibly splitting up the groups into a faster & slower group to the Group B guys & I don't think anyone had objections. I propose we split them up now & run separate brackets, then merge the top 1 or 2 guys from the "slower" bracket into the other bracket for the championship, depending on how many participants we have at that time. We may have more than we do now, if foos & Merlot are able to join the tournament in a couple of weeks.

What does everyone else think?

Good race tonight everyone, the results are up in the second post of this thread. I almost broke my engine when I shifted into 2nd instead of 4th gear, a total brain fart. Luckily, I had enough cushion to make a 2nd pit stop.

Was alot of fun for me... RWD sucks on that track but, it was the only A class car I had and I practiced it enough that I didn't spin out much - even when I did hit dirt :)

And yet again - playing against you guys has made me a (little) better - I set my personal best time on that track in the race tonight.

Archived