LCVG

Godzilla DAMM

JTello

-So, I've been eyeing Godzilla DAMM for quite some time, but I've been waiting for some kinda of deal. Recently though I've been getting anxious as this title has been scarce at the B&M's. I suspect they were conservative and published a low volume of the Xbox version of this game. Anyway, my point is that the best deal I've been able to find on this game is $19.99 w/free shipping at Bestbuy.com. So I yanked out my credit card and indulged today.

-So, anyone own/owned this game? Like/dislike it? I'm sure I'll have a guilty button mashing blast with it, but I'd still like to hear your opinions.

I got the GameCube version back when it first came out. I ended up wishing I'd waited for the Xbox version (just because I tend to like things on the 'box better given the choice), but I still enjoyed the 'Cube version a lot. Just something about being a huge multi-story monster smashing down the Space Needle... :D

Thnx for replying Jason! I'm looking forward to romping all over Tokyo.

-One drawback I read about this game was that it lack real good interactivity with the enviroment. Like building sort of melt when you destroy them and the water doesn't do a whole lot when one of the 50 story monsters plunges down into it. I'd love to see a Godzilla game implimented with great interactivity of enviroments. Imagine throwing mothra in a lake and seeing the water fly out and flood the nearby city, or tossing MecaGodzilla into buildings and watch them cumble under his weight. How about having those puny Japanese army troops blasting away with thier guns and tanks at the monsters as they fight, only to get stomped in the melee. How about cars being kicked down streets as citizens flee for cover. Imagine the city burning and smoke rising around the creatures as the fight progresses.

-Ok, I admit, it'd probably take a whopper console to render all this well, so I'll have my fingers crossed for the next round of consoles! :green:

It's a fun little brawler, most definitely multiplayer orientated rather than a single player experience. I think it captures the feeling of ripping up buildings & smashing the city rather well to be honest - you really do wreck the city when you play it.

Nothing spectactular, but fun.

tossing MecaGodzilla into buildings and watch them cumble under his weight. How about having those puny Japanese army troops blasting away with thier guns and tanks at the monsters as they fight, only to get stomped in the melee.

If memory serves me correctly all those things do happen in the game to some degree....

Yep - from ign:

"The amount of non-monster activity in the cities is fairly impressive, though. Cars zip around the streets, just waiting to be crushed. Helicopters circle, pelting you and your opponent with puny small arms fire. Tanks even attack you with the oxygen beam from Godzilla vs. Destroyah. This kind of attention to detail goes a long, long way towards creating the sensation that you're really wreaking havok on a terrified human populace. Good stuff."

Its a fun pick up and play game.