LCVG

Midtown Madness DLC!

Chris F

Unfortuantely I believe that it would require way too much of a rehaul of the games physics for it to be fesible as a Live upgrade.

I don't know if I follow you there - I would think that all they would have to do is set it so you don't respawn when damaged out (it could drop you into spectator mode like when you finish a race) and pop up a message that the last man standing won at the end.

Originally posted by JTello@Oct 23 2003, 09:16 AM

straightforward demolition derby would be great

I agree, that would rock! Unfortuantely I believe that it would require way too much of a rehaul of the games physics for it to be fesible as a Live upgrade.

I was just thinking more along the lines of "Last Man Standing" (Or rolling I guess :D ) and no respawns, so when you're damaged out, that's it. If everyone had to choose cars from the same class it might work out ok. (Since a FLE (-sp?) vs an Armored Car wouldn't be very fair :lol: )

Well, now I might regret trading in MM3.

Awe, too bad, I hope there are some LCVGers who haven't trade MM3 in yet, I was getting excited for one of those long check point races with the shopping carts.

Too bad they didn't include some groceries in those carts, imagine the mess we could make breaking eggs and spilling milk on the highway!

I'd have to say that the current DL content wouldn't sway me from trading/selling MM3 if I had already planned to do so. New vehicles and courses (on the same ole maps) doesn't do much for me. New Maps and/or game modes would more effectively retain my interest. Of course this applies only to MM3 as I am saying it, as each game varies on how it may benefit from DL content. For example a different racing game might benifit greatly from new vehicles, it's just that different vehicles in MM3 doesn't do a whole lot to refresh the gameplay.

-Note, since I have no plans to sell MM3 I'll be enjoying the new DL content despite what I've just said above. :D

A good 10+ player game of Keep Away (or whatever that mode's real name is) with everyone in shopping carts could be pretty crazy too - a few friends and I were doing that with the FLE the other night and it was a blast. (Especially if you set the map to nighttime and turn off your headlights - it makes it easier to sneak up on the person with the gold)

Originally posted by Kain rising@Oct 24 2003, 01:37 PM

Has anyone actually gotten the DLC yet? I forgot to check to see if was finally available last night.

I put in MM3 last night only long enough to download the content. It did come through, but I didn't even play it afterward.

The interesting thing is that even though I booted to the dash AND went LIVE with CS, I got a message first saying that the Xbox live service had to be updated before I could continue. Took about 1/2 a second.

Then I was able to boot to MM3, and go to DLC and get the update.

I'll try to test it out soon and report back.

I'm especially thrilled that the Sountrack problem is supposed to be resolved. That crap was driving me nuts.

Carlos.

Thanks for the update! I'll be checking it out when I get home today.

The interesting thing is that even though I booted to the dash AND went LIVE with CS, I got a message first saying that the Xbox live service had to be updated before I could continue. Took about 1/2 a second.

I'll bet that was actually the soundtrack bug fix. Isn't that how they usually do patches? I'm pretty sure that when they fixed the exploits in UC it was done as mandatory updates like that.

Originally posted by Kain rising@Oct 24 2003, 02:37 PM

Has anyone actually gotten the DLC yet? I forgot to check to see if was finally available last night.

I got it last night and played a few races with the new vehicles. Not bad, but they all have the same stats as other cars in there class, so it's basically just new skins :? I was hoping for some distinct characteristics for the new vehicles instead of makeovers.

I picked MM3 up over the weekend and downloaded the new car pack. I would love to play sometime soon if you guys want to.

I rented MM3 when it came out and loved it. Didn't want to pay full price for it, so the Toys R Us sale was just what the doctor ordered.

I'd like to try this out again too, but I'll be damned if I can fin time. Wed night is Top Spin, Thursday is Survivor and Crimson Skies, I might be able to get on tonight, but I have guests coming over and I'm not sure how long they'll be (it's a tech-support visit).

I'd be open to spend some time in MM3 on Friday night, but it seems like most people have plans on Fridays.