LCVG

Club Nintendo Bonuses Revealed

heavy liquid

There's a short article at 1up.com about the upcoming Club Nintendo program. The Japanese Club Nintendo page is up now, with all kinds of goodies:

hotmario.gif

photo_05a.jpgphoto_05b.jpgphoto_05c.jpg

photo_03.jpgphoto_01.jpg

photo_04.jpgphoto_07.jpgphoto_02.jpg

To reckon the "cost" of each item, note that a new Nintendo game nets the buyer 20 or 30 points (usually 20 for a GBA game, 30 for a GameCube game). Buying a game on or near the sale date nets the buyer bonus points that can as much as double that game's point value, but even so, snagging that SP would require purchasing at least 10 GameCube games.

It's really smart on Nintendo's part to offer more points if a game is bought closer to release date. I wonder if the same program will be offered here. I think it would take me a long time to buy 10 GC games for that cool SP. But with GBA games included, I'm sure I could do it. It's also a pretty good deal. Works out to about 10 US dollars per GC game.

Is anyone else frothing at the mouth over this?

I think it would take me a long time to buy 10 GC games for that cool SP.

It'd be a great steal for people who have not bought a GC yet, especially if purchasing one was already in the plans. I know you mentioned this already but I was wondering too if this might be coming to the U.S.?

It'd be a great steal for people who have not bought a GC yet, especially if purchasing one was already in the plans.

No kidding! And if you didn't have either a GC or GBA, you could buy the games, and get the GBA free (in a cool lime color)!

I know you mentioned this already but I was wondering too if this might be coming to the U.S.?

I should have mentioned that the 1up article mentions:

"While it's only on offer in Japan as yet, Nintendo has discussed plans to bring the Club Nintendo program to the United States in the future.

For now, however, it's only Japanese players who can get their hands on the most interesting odds and ends (although a similar program has been up and running in Europe for some time)."

So, hopefully we'll get the Club here, but I really hope that we get all the cool swag that the Japanese are getting! I wonder if they'll change anything, and if they do, what. I'm also wondering if the point system might be too "complex" for Mom & Dad Wal-Mart...

Ok, I want that Controller T-Shirt. And some of those Gamecube lids. And what the hell, gimme the Mario Hat too!

Yes, that shirt is too cool. Oh, what the Hell... Gimmie everything! I've got my credit card ready, Nintendo!

The sad part is if Nintendo does this in the US, we will get localized swag.

That's what I'm very afraid of. I did a quick search on what the Europe program is like, but didn't come up with anything. Perhaps Daniel or Iain know, and could shed some light on what kind of free stuff is available for them (if any).

Daniel?!

Iain?! ...

This lucky guy John Riccardi won one of the GBA SP's that I posted about above! He didn't get the one with the SMB #1 game, unfortunately. Oh, how I hope they put SMB #1 out for purchase! But that's another thread...

famicom-sp-04.jpg

Also, scroll down on his web page to look at the COOL Famicom 20th anniversary calendar, that I would LOVE to be able to purchase or win through Club Nintendo.

calendar00.jpg

calendar01.jpg

Check out his web page here, with tons more pics.