LCVG

Definitely not getting my 5 today. O2 have messed up quite badly. They provided me with tracking info... great.... only it turned out to be someone else's tracking info. Then they told me actually no, I face a three week wait despite my order confirmation noting 21st delivery, and their Twitter feed and blog FAQs all promising delivery on orders placed before 4pm yesterday.

The worst irony is O2 stores have plenty of stock. Am I allowed to transfer my online order to the store to collect? .... No. What's more, in store they want £60 more for the handset than they wanted online.

Well, I have the iPhone 5, but I have to wait until I can download my backup. Quite a beauty of a handheld computer, though.

Improved color gamut of the screen is immediately noticeable.

My iPhone 5 (what a stupid name) order has moved into the "Preparing to Ship" phase and my credit card has been billed. That's always a good sign. Although, knowing my luck, it probably won't arrive until a week from Monday.

Oh UPS, how you suck when you get rid of the same driver we had for 5 years. A ton of people on twitter/facebook have the same issue I had, where the driver never came the house, yet it says they attempted to. You should see the lines of people who went to their local UPS depot, yet UPS could not find their packages. What a fucking disaster.

Cancelled my O2 order (having waited 50mins on the phone on hold just to do so). "Three weeks" is just too vague when they've already taken £300 of my money and the purpose of pre ordering is rather defeated at this point. Once refunded I'll spend the next few weeks seeking out availability. No huge rush. Have sent a letter of complaint to O2 about their confident boasts about all pre-orders made before 4pm on the 20th being delivered for launch, a myth their their Twitter feed continued to spread even throughout yesterday, and most importantly have highlighted how much their customer service teams messed up my day providing me with false information leaving me not knowing whether I needed to be home or not to expect a delivery. We'll see if they respond with any form of compensation. I'd probably still stick with O2 as my network as - outside of customer service - I've never had problems and if I order via a third party I can still get he bas overall handset/tariff price. That might sound silly in light of how much they've messed me about this week, but to be honest I've yet to hear of any mobile network in the UK providing excellent customer service.

I got an iPhone yesterday...a 4s. It's a definite upgrade over my old Droid 2 and it serves what i need it for...mainly a phone and iPod with some web browsing. Use a tablet much more now so while the 5's new features would have been nice, they just weren't necessary. Besides, now it leaves me an extra $100 for that rumored 7.85" iPad next month...

That video is great.

Really surprised how many white iPhone 5s were still available today when I was out and about (and this was at around 4:30-5pm!). I almost bit as several stores had them in 32GB but not black, but it just draws too much attention on the street for my taste.... and yet, I think the rear plate looks better than the black models.

It's funny. I once again went with a black iPhone. But I got a white iPad. I probably would never have bought a white iPad but the iPad 2 my dad gave me won me over. I don't like the black ones.

And now that the black levels on the iPhone screen are truly black, the surround effectove extends the screen in a sense (where it's black).

The new black/slate anodized bezel and back keeps making me think that if Darth Vader had a smartphone, it would be the black iPhone 5. It's so galactic empire.

I always get the Black Iphone/Ipad Bezel. To me it makes the screen stand out more, especially when reading comics.

Oh and let me just say I love this phone, but remember I'm upgrading from a 3G. Speed is insane.

• Like 1

So after a couple days of use, my impression is that the batter life is about 10-15% better than the 4S. Athough it's a bit early to say. I did notice that heavy LTE usage eats in, but that's during heavy browsing.

I was worried about my battery because it wasn't lasting me through the day. Then I checked settings to see it had given me 10 hours since last charge. Yeah.

This thing is rockin fast! And I'm coming from a 4S which was speedy already. Safari page rendering is ridiculous.

Page speed rendering decreased with iOS6 in the 4S as well...

That was awesome!

I upgraded my 4S to iOS 6 a few days ago. I like it better in pretty much every way except for the new Apple Maps app. The Siri integration and turn by turn voice navigation is great to finally have in the built-in app however, even after only using it a few days, I've searched for things that weren't in there that were in the old Google-based Maps app. The 3D and Flyover seem more like tech demo stuff, not things I would use a lot like the no-longer-there Street View. 3D and Flyover don't mean much if you can't even find the thing you're searching for in their maps database.