LCVG

Splinter Cell - CIA HQ

Parrish

I'm late to the game, and just picked up Splinter Cell last week. I'm enjoying the heck out of it, but I'm stuck on the CIA HQ map. I'm trying to get to the mole's computer, but everytime I go down the stairs, an alarm goes off and I've hit my limit, so I'm done.

I've shot a sticky cam down the stairs, and I can see there's a security cam at the bottom, but I can't see at all from the top. Is there some kind of trick to getting past it that I'm missing?

What stairs are you talking about? Could you be more descriptive?

I remember that in some other level, an alarm was triggered because a body had been found. For the longest time I couldn't figure out why I couldn't advance to the next part until I redid the whole level again being more careful where I left the unconcious or dead bodies.

It's past the hallway with the metal detectors and the two security cameras (big room with six overhead lights, elevators, etc.)

So are you saying that an alarm can go off later from a body that wasn't hidden properly earlier in the level (before the last checkpoint)?

Now I remember which place you are talking about... I didn't have a problem avoiding the camera here.

There are no tricks in that section, just punch in the code on the keypad and stick to shadows to open the door, that's it.

And yes it happened to me that in an earlier level where you also can't set off any alarms, I kept triggering an alarm after I passed through the same spot. I had to redo that level...

Thanks for the help - I replayed it from a few checkpoints back, careful to hide every body and the alarm didn't go off on the stairs this time. I wish if an alarm was set off like that, it would 'cut away' to the body that set off the alarm so you knew what was the cause.

Ya, but it doesn't point out which body exactly, and a few times the alarm went off without mentioning a body. I think a little cutscene showing someone discovering the specific body would help you get a sense of what works/what doesn't. Am I correct, though, in guessing that as long as the spot is dark it should hide well?

Originally posted by Parrish:

Am I correct, though, in guessing that as long as the spot is dark it should hide well?

That is correct. I always go by the visibility gauge on the HUD. If it says that Sam Fisher is in complete darkness, I feel safe leaving a body there. I have never had a problem with someone discovering a body in total darkness.