LCVG
GunnerX

Street Fighter 4

I ran through on Medium with Ryu and beat it. It only took about 20 tries to beat Seth this time. It just took a lot of experimenting for techniques and finding weak points.

I just basically jumped around like crazy a lot because at least he can't throw me. Sometimes I got him with a jumping-backwards hard kick in the middle of his jump-across-the-screen bullshit.

He predictably uses his long arm attack at a certain range about 70% of the time and you can get a jump-in-attack. Comboing off it just results in him doing some cheap bullshit and then throwing you somehow in the middle of your combo. So it's better to take your one hit and jump away immediately (and hope he doesn't super-EX-80hit-dragonpunch your ass).

I also found he's weak against 2-hit moves, like the moves with overhead, since he EX counters a lot. So jump in kick followed by Ryu's 2-hit back-kick works pretty well.

Edited by GreenMonkey

Kyle

I had a look at the PDF and it's simply a move list for the characters. No different then whats in the manual that comes with the game.

Kyle

I had a look at the PDF and it's simply a move list for the characters. No different then whats in the manual that comes with the game.

Sorry... Thought there would be more depth to it... that's what I get for reposting from other sites...

I DL'd it and saw lots of colors and pictures... and thought 'oh pretty'. :)

If anyone needs a bigger more colorful manual, I guess it could still be useful...

I've been going through on Medium trying for the trophy, but I'm starting to think it might take longer than it's worth. I'm still liking the challenge though, and I think it's making me better at the game, especially with particular pairings. I've been trying to beat the game with Rufus lately, and I've found that you really have to vary your style depending on who you're up against at the time (which is always true I suppose).

The arcade mode challenge system works great, but is there a way to turn it off and still keep your progress through the single player game? I tried a bunch of matches with it the other night, but after a while I just wanted to finish off the game without any more challenges. It doesn't look like there's any way to toggle out of that mode.

I just turned on Arcade mode the other day. Couldn't eevn get through the first level without getting a new online challenger (played about 5 matches). Then I quit as I was 0/5 :(

Gamestop finally got my TE Fightstick in today and boy is it awesome! I'll be online tonight if anyone is up for some matches.

Just happened to walk into our local BB to purchase a blu-ray and finally saw the 360 Fightpads in stock so picked one up.

Just happened to walk into our local BB to purchase a blu-ray and finally saw the 360 Fightpads in stock so picked one up.

I've loved my fightpad and used it to death (literally). I wore out the d-pad (Very heavy play for 3 months). Madcatz was great in fixing though. They are also local in San Diego, so I dropped it off in person on a wednesday lunchbreak, and picked it up on my friday lunchbreak. Works great since.

That said, I am still hoping amazon stocks the championship sticks soon. I can't justify 150 for anything other than a new console... but I'm hoping with the 50% off gaming accessory coupon, that I can pick one up for $75 (which I have almost completely in store credit)

Can you STILL not get the fightsticks? This is getting pretty crazy.

That reminds me that I haven't played much SFIV recently. The ps3 fightpad I picked up is pretty good, but I could really go for trying it out with a stick. Sadly, the PC that's in the arcade cabinet is far short of the minimum requirements (early gen p4), so that's not really an option. Besides, the game probably looks like crap on the CRT I have in there. Maybe I'll throw the benchmarking tool on there just for a laugh, and see if it even boots.

Can you STILL not get the fightsticks? This is getting pretty crazy.

The regular sticks aren't to hard to find online anymore... I've seen the CE sticks at a few places recently (gogamer). The PS3 CE stick is at amazon right now too...

I'm really holding out for the 360 CE stick to show up at amazon, so I can hopefully use my 50% off coupon from the the current amazon trade in deal, since I cannot spend $150. (Amazon Video Game Trade-In Store)

If I had played SF at the arcades at all, I'd have purchased the fightsticks back when they were available but my first (and best) experience with SF was on the SNES so it's always been controllers for me.

Both regular and tournament versions of the fight sticks arrived in many a shop here in the UK the other week - I imagine you guys will start seeing stock of them again soon, if you haven't already.

And, just like that, the 360 CE stick is up at amazon... too bad, since I won't have that 50% coupon for a week or two, and they'll be long sold out by then...

I can hope for steady restocks I guess...

Tempting but any inclination I have for it is kind of lessened by my want and need or the wireless Tekken stick coming from Hori.

Woohoo... championship fightstick ordered last night. Used the amazon trade-in promo... Final cost $25 plus $50 worth of old games... should have it on Wednesday.

Of course, now that I've ordered it... $15 price drop (now $135)...

Got the CE stick... it's really nice. Comes in a very cool box...

Heavy, sturdy, accurate... and I completely SUCK when I use it. :)

It's going to take me a while to get used to using a joystick again...

So, I downloaded the Benchmark Demo to see how this ran on my new Alienware.....it ran phenomenally at near 60fps. The game is beyond gorgeous on the PC. Since the PS3 fightpad is compatible on the PC, I went ahead and got this from the Windows Marketplace since it is on sale for $20 this weekend. Having Street Fighter IV with me at all times will be fantastic. :)

-Dean-

Damn this looks so good on the PC. Just had to configure the PS3 Fightpad buttons at the start of the game. I still hate Seth though. ;)

-Dean-