LCVG
GunnerX

Street Fighter 4

:)

Just got a call from Gamestop and the Midnight release has been canceled due to Capcom not making delivery. They will have it at opening tomorrow though. Bastards.

-Dean-

I'm proficient and Joey, Angel, Phil and Brian are still feeling sore from the last time.

You mother...

[runs out to the car with GPS programmed to Steelton, PA]

:)

My excuse is I could never get used to playing any fighting games that required circular motions (all fighting games?) on any controller after the SNES. I tried like hell on the ps1 and subsequent console controllers but could never find the responsiveness that suited me. I never played any SF game in the arcades so a stick didn't work for me. I thought maybe I just lost my skills but whenever I pull out the old SNES, I can still kick ass on it. Something about that controller and SF that just works for me.

So, Romier, whenever you want to go at it on the SNES... let me know. I'll gladly drive down there and spank you in front of wifey and the little one. ;)

Edited by Angel P

Anybody try out the more moderately priced FightStick yet? I had the FightPad in my hands for $39.99 and the devil on my shoulder was like "Rooooob... the stick is ONLY $40 mooooore... dooooo iiiit"

Can't find this info anywhere, how long is the cord on the 360 FightPad?

EDIT: Nevermind, found out it's 9.8 (3m) feet.

Edited by Angel P

Well I had planned on getting the PS3 version of the game but now I'm concerned it may not display in 1080i. I know most recent PS3 games have, but it just sucks that with every new release I have to wait and see if the game will properly display on my CRT.

Have any recent PS3 releases NOT upscaled to 1080i?

According to the back cover, it is 720p only. However, the covers have not been correct lately. So, its a crapshoot. I think you need a new TV. ;)

-Dean-

Dean,

Now that Pioneer is getting out of the TV business I'm waiting for a sweet deal on an Elite 151 (60"). Once the price drops I'll join the 21st century.

I was able to preorder the TE stick ths weekend at gamestop in Edmonton so I'll have to wait until March before I can pick it up..

Honestly? It's better than any expectation you may have of it. It's familiar yet different. It's challenging yet accessible. The presentation is off the hook and the online integration is superb (you can set yourself to accept ranked or player matches as you play through the single player for instance). I'm blown away by it and I didn't expect to be.

Oh and the fighting pad? It's freaking amazing when paired with the game.:rock

Us lucky canadians don't get it until tomorrow at EB/Gamestop and Future shop/Bestbuy will have it on the 19th..Wish I could get my hands on it today!!