LCVG
GunnerX

Street Fighter 4

Picked up the game today - haven't seen pads anywhere. Got Ryu with mine. So that means there's a Chun Li, Ryu and Viper figure for this game?

Almost had a seizure when I couldn't find the bonus costume content insert and the music CD (in the same order I had been sold an empty display case by accident). >.< Realized it was bundled with the blu ray thankfully though.

The Ryu figure is with the PS3 Collector's edition and the 360 gets Viper. The Chun Li must be a TRU exclusive deal

Any reviews/thoughts on the non-TE stick? I pre-ordered from Amazon back in December, it's due to ship next week.

Apparently there is an issue with a number of the SE sticks related to a washer at the bottom of the stick. Apparently if the washer wasn't correctly placed on the stick it can rub against the PCB board and cause input commands to come out incorrectly.

MadCatz has already released an official statement on this so hopefully if you run into the issue they take care of it quickly.

Apparently there is an issue with a number of the SE sticks related to a washer at the bottom of the stick. Apparently if the washer wasn't correctly placed on the stick it can rub against the PCB board and cause input commands to come out incorrectly.

MadCatz has already released an official statement on this so hopefully if you run into the issue they take care of it quickly.

Thanks for that info. I will research that.

On a related note, my stick shipped today. I'm a damn fool for not choosing overnight shipping (especially because I'm a Prime member and it's only $4). Now, I won't get it until Monday.

I didn't want to change my shipping, because I've had that screw up my orders before (changing the order puts you at the end of the queue).

Chris, it's funny you wrote that as I'm a prime member but spent the 4 dollars so I could get the game tomorrow. I ordered too late to get it today and I don't want to wait till Monday before I can start playing it.

I found numerous copies of the game everywhere, for both the PS3 and the Xbox 360, but held off as I could not find any sticks or controllers anywhere. Is the game playable with the DS3 or the 360 controller?

I found numerous copies of the game everywhere, for both the PS3 and the Xbox 360, but held off as I could not find any sticks or controllers anywhere. Is the game playable with the DS3 or the 360 controller?

I already have the EX2 stick which is why I am getting it for the 360. I wouldn't recommend using the 360 controller for it as the D-pad sucks. But they are both playable.

I've been hearing good things about the new Hori Real Arcade EX stick... they've got them on Amazon for $129. It's a full-size stick like the Tournament Edition... but unlike the TE you can actually buy it ;)

What Anthony and Dean said. I wanted to pull my hair out. If I had any.

Drove all over and couldn't find any Fightpads.

Edited by Angel P

These games are made to be played with an arcade stick. If you can't find the fight pads, maybe you can find the Soul Cal IV Hori stick out there as well. It's what I have. Wish UPS would get here already, my arcade stick is waiting

I've been hearing good things about the new Hori Real Arcade EX stick... they've got them on Amazon for $129. It's a full-size stick like the Tournament Edition... but unlike the TE you can actually buy it ;)

I looked at that but I didn't know enough about it. I don't need SF slathered all over it (although that's always a bonus). Is it arcade parts also?

Same kinda idea... the parts are also hot-swappable (like the SF:TE stick) so if you don't like the included stick or buttons they are fairly easy to replace.

I believe the general consensus is the SF stick has looser buttons while the Hori has stiffer buttons (which I like), but again it's all preference and they are hot swappable if you don't like them.

I've heard some terrible TERRIBLE things about the FightStick however... including how a washer attached to the stick (in more than a few cases) was slowly scraping at the PCB inside the controller causing failure.

I'm a bit strapped for cash with the whole being unemployed thing... so for now I'm sticking with my Fight Pad ;)

If anyone finds a fightpad out in the wild and someone is willing to purchase/ship it, please let me know.

Wow, I'm surprised, they're all cleared out already!! People are trying to hawk them for $100+ on Amazon, I see.

Last I saw on Sunday the semi-local BB had a bunch still. I got mine 2 days ago at Gamestop...they had a couple of Ken ones left.

360 or PS3?

I'll try to scope it out for you this weekend. Hell I might grab some for reselling...they're going for $60-$80 on ebay.

If it helps, I did a little googling and found a report that they'll be making more of them:

http://www.gamecyte.com/mad-catz-street-fighter-iv-fightsticks-fightpads-sold-out-everywhere-ebay-profits

Today, Mad Catz' global communications manager Alex Verrey confirmed that the company's "Street Fighter IV" controllers are completely sold out.

But the FightPads, at least, will be available soon.

"The story is, new pads will be coming in. They will be replenished though March and April," Verrey reassured readers. "Please be patient with us, and don't pay silly prices on eBay. These controllers are not a limited edition, there will be more; they're being made literally right now."

Angel,

I'll check my Best Buy tomorrow. They had several left when I was there yesterday. Leave your AIM on or PM your cell number to me and I'll text you when I go tomorrow to let you know the outcome and if you still want one.

-Dean-

We had one PS3 and 360 controller come in a few days ago and today another 360 version. They were both Blanka. Today we also received the regular arcade sticks, one for each machine. If we get anymore in, I'll update.

Playing with my old Hori ex2 stick works very well though, and it was only like $40.

Time to go watch the 2nd-to-last-ever Late Night with Conan Obrien.

Edited by evilsaywhat

Ps3 copy is in the mail, but it probably won't be here before the weekend, so sometime next week for sure. I haven't seen any of the sticks out there though (hell, Best Buy/Future Shop don't even have them on their websites yet). When I asked at EB, they said that it could be the middle of March before they see them.

Guess I'll see how well it plays with a regular ps3 controller first. HD remix is OK with it, but I still have a hard time with some of the specials, which is strange given the amount of SF2 I played on the SNES. Still, playing HDR online I get the feeling that I could be doing better with an arcade stick.

Angel,

I'll check my Best Buy tomorrow. They had several left when I was there yesterday. Leave your AIM on or PM your cell number to me and I'll text you when I go tomorrow to let you know the outcome and if you still want one.

-Dean-

Thanks again for trying Dean. Won't go the eBay route so I'll just wait for mid-March.

Got lucky on my lunch break... went to buy the game and stumbled across the last fightpad at bestbuy (Chun Li)... This should be fun... :)