LCVG

Rainbow Six 3 Discussion Thread

JoeyN

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just read the OXM review and they state this game STILL has the glitchy, sluggish controls that the demo had? Is this true because I thought the aiming and strafing sucked on the demo and was hoping it would be fixed for the actual game. How is aiming for you guys so far? I'm to the point of passing on this game at the moment and hope to hear good news.

I'm definitely looking forward to picking this one up in the morning, I hope some of you don't mind that you will be getting friend requests from me because I find that playing with the general public just isin't as much fun. To many people dropping out of games and just screwing around :roll: . Anyway any of you feel free to add me to your friends list, I'm always looking for good people to play online with.

Serious Crayon!!!

My experience with the Rainbow Six series doesn't go much past Rogue Spear.

Is this much different from what I've played?

Rogue Spear was OK. I didn't like the mission planning and the clinical feel of the action. I also didn't like alot of the senarios / locales.

As far as military action goes, I really liked SWAT 3.

Sam, Love the new sig

I was trying to figure out why the sig had warts,... my slow mind didn't see the controllers right away. I never was any good at those 'hidden picture in art work' things they used to have in the Malls back in like 1992. ;)

I'm very interested in this game, but it'll definately be a wait and see,.. too busy with like 5 other new games right now. :green:

I'm looking forward to your impressions.

Originally posted by dvdguru@Oct 28 2003, 10:04 PM

Just read the OXM review and they state this game STILL has the glitchy, sluggish controls that the demo had? Is this true because I thought the aiming and strafing sucked on the demo and was hoping it would be fixed for the actual game. How is aiming for you guys so far? I'm to the point of passing on this game at the moment and hope to hear good news.

I just read the IGN review, they gave it a 9.3 BTW, and they didn't say anything about sluggish controls. 8)

I haven't found the controls to be very slugish. Though a few people playing last did comment that they felt the controls were improved.

I don't have much time this morning so I'll just point out a few things that stood out for me.

Not all the maps support 16 players. Some will only do 8 or 12 players. Searches seemed quick but maps load as soon as you join or attempt to join a game. If you are unable to join then you will have wasted around 20 seconds or so. Switching maps in the lobby pauses everything while the new map loads for everyone.

Voice chat is good and there is no need to press a button to talk. A small speaker icon tells you who's talking in the lobby and the person's name comes up in game when speaking.

The 5.1 sound is the best I've heard to date. The center channel gets full use which really makes a difference. The channel separation and panning really helps in identifying enemy location. LFE is top notch as well.

Mine still says "shipping" from ubi.com and there's no tracking number. After taking a look at the forums at ubi.com, it looks like there's a chance some of the preorders are being held at the warehouse until 10/30. Not sure why, but I'm guessing it has something to do with the headset stock (how that affects those of us who *didn't* order the headset I don't know, but...).

Originally posted by stencil@Oct 29 2003, 10:00 AM

Mine still says "shipping" from ubi.com and there's no tracking number. After taking a look at the forums at ubi.com, it looks like there's a chance some of the preorders are being held at the warehouse until 10/30. Not sure why, but I'm guessing it has something to do with the headset stock (how that affects those of us who *didn't* order the headset I don't know, but...).

It won't bother me if they hold my game, there is just too much other stuff to keep me busy. (see Top Spin and Crimson Skies) :green: