LCVG

Get in the Gamer Zone!

SCREWNUT

*note: I hope this is the right place to talk about the xboxlive gamer zone's. Since it's a discussion on gaming online and xboxlive. If it's not, I'm sorry and could a mod move it to the right area. Thank you*

When you first hooked yourself up to live, Did you check out your gamer zone? I'm only asking cause for the past few months and actually just today. I've gotten complaints on how I game. Now, I choose Underground because that's the type of player I am. Actually before I get into it, let's look at the zones. Thanks to xboxlive.com for this article....

One of the coolest features of the new Xbox Live? and your gamer profile?the basic set of info about you that will show up on your handy gamer card when other gamers check you out?is the ability to choose your Xbox Live Gamer Zone.

Four different zones are available for you to choose from, and will help tell others the kind of player you are. It?s another step that ensures you synch up with like-minded players when matchmaking.

Here's the four zones that you can choose....

Zone One:

Xbox Live Gamer Zone: Recreation

This zone is designed for casual gamers who just want to have fun.

You might be a recreation gamer if ?

* You only have one Xbox 360?, and it stays in the living room. For the most part.

* You like to meet new people and talk about the latest movies, music, and (of course) video games.

* You only venture into ranked games by accident.

* You treat every day like Casual Friday.

* You think keeping score is only fun when you're winning.

* You are physically capable of leaving mid-game if you need A) food, B) a restroom, or C) to go to work.

I almost put myself in this zone at the beginning!

Zone 2:

Xbox Live Gamer Zone: Family

This zone is where those "kids of all ages" you're always hearing about can gather for family-friendly gaming.

You might be a family gamer if ?

* You require a parent and/or guardian to set up your Xbox Live account.

* You're playing a game with your Mom/Grandma/rich Aunt and want to maintain a wholesome atmosphere.

* Covenant Brutes give you nightmares, literally.

* You have kids, are a kid, or never stopped being a kid.

* You knitted four matching wireless controller cozies, one for each member of your household. With love, of course.

I have never encountered anybody from this zone yet.

Zone 3:

Xbox Live Gamer Zone: Pro

The Pro gamer is the truly hardcore?gamers who are there to play and to win, improving their gamerscore.

You might be a pro gamer if ?

* You automatically mute the "human beat box" gamers and you automatically boot the "trash-talking chucklehead" gamers.

* You've actually won real prize money in videogame competitions.

* You never play anything but ranked games, and your rank has never gone anywhere but up.

* You check leaderboards for games that aren't even playable online.

* You own griefer insurance. Which, if you don't have it, is quite a deal and I would be happy to assist you if it existed.

I have one friend in real life. He lives 6 blocks away from me and he's in this zone. Playing Halo 3 or CoD4 with him is quite a chore somedays...he takes gaming way to seriously! :)

Finally my zone.....ZONE 4:

Xbox Live Gamer Zone: Underground

The Underground is where anything goes?and usually does.

You might be an underground gamer if ?

* You are the "human beat box" or "trash-talking chucklehead" (and proud of it).

* You rock with extreme vengeance and other totally intense buzzwords.

* People shout "griefer!" and you say "Yeah, whaddaya want?"

* You take out whole teams online. Including your team.

* You'd rather get revenge than win.

Ahhhh....no place like home. That's me. I'm an underground player. I can be mean, I can be stupid....hell I'm even crazy. You can kill me over 22 times and say how much your "pwned" me but if i kill you once....I'm going to rip into you like you won't believe and I do it well pouring sugar into your gas tank and doing something nasty to your mom. :D

Now you might ask....Why bring this up? Well All my negative comments that my profile has received are all in two areas. 20% for Swearing (I swear...when I get angry I swear. When I start losing... I swear. When I'm getting "pwned" I swear. Can't help it. ;) and 20% for Bad Behaviour. Yeah...I play video games to let go of the stress that builds up from day to day. So sue me! :lol

Now your saying...so? or who cares? Well, I just like to know why it always places me in matches with Recreation people...or people who are in Recreation play games with me and then feel the need to make some smart comment on my report sheet. Why doesn't live do a better job of matching me up with other underground gamers? Why don't people look at the gamercard before they complain about me? This just kind of came up in a conversation on how I've gotten some people angry at me. (wondering how the gamer formerly known as RingWraith does it! :D just kidding Buddy!)

Do the zones come into effect with games such as halo 3 or call of duty 4. thankfully i've never encountered a "family" gamer before. I'd feel just horrible. But I think you recreation guys need to cut me some slack. I'm at the point were I don't even want to really game with people anymore because they get so easily offended or just want to relax and enjoy a good game. Not that's there nothing wrong with that...but come on. Playing "social" matches on halo 3 or COD 4 is not going to be a good time for you unless you with like minded friends from the same zone who feel the same way as you do.

Anyways I'm just curious to see how my fellow LCVGers feel about this topic and look forward to hearing your thoughts!

The blurb for the Recreational zone describes me very well. I don't play public matches that often, instead I prefer to play with those on my friends list, and many on that list on also members of this forum.

Swearing? Doesn't bother me at all, but I could understand it being a problem and the need for a Family zone. I'm sure some of my teammates heard an occasional "F' you Screwnut!" from during a TF2 match a while ago, particularly everytime I saw that I had a new Nemesis. :)

I wouldn't ever not play with someone because of what zone they were in. But honestly, if I was playing with someone whose behavior was like the description for an underground gamer, I'd probably quit out of the game as soon as the match was over.

I'm sure some of my teammates heard an occasional "F' you Screwnut!" from during a TF2 match a while ago, particularly everytime I saw that I had a new Nemesis. :)

if I was playing with someone whose behavior was like the description for an underground gamer, I'd probably quit out of the game as soon as the match was over.

LOL. I don't even remember playing TF2 with you sparkz!! LOL. My friends list is at the max. So I have tons of friends to play with and the people on my list know me and know that I'm just kidding or joking around. I'm constantly removing friends who haven't played with me in like 2 weeks to add new friends...I really should keep a list of LCVG gamers cause I think I've removed some of the guys from here. If i have, I'm sorry just send me another friend invite. I didn't remove you because i didn't like you! :) I just removed you by mistake to make room!

Well I'm only the underground player when I'm really mad a getting owned....or somebody is poking fun at me and crossed a line. Good to hear thought that I haven't gotten you to the point where you don't want to game with me anymore! :D

Thanks for replying!

I set mine to Recreational because I can't stand how serious people get about games. You're supposed to HAVE FUN, people. Geez.

I don't even know what most of the underground description means.

* You are the "human beat box" or "trash-talking chucklehead" (and proud of it). (human beat box? ? )

* You rock with extreme vengeance and other totally intense buzzwords. (I use very little in the way of buzzwords)

* People shout "griefer!" and you say "Yeah, whaddaya want?" (I don't know what a griefer is)

* You take out whole teams online. Including your team. (No, I hate teamkilling, unless they are racist, homophobic, sexist, trashtalking teenagers in which case some of it occurs)

* You'd rather get revenge than win. (OK, I can be bad for that. I'll try to kill the same sniper or camper or spawn-killer over and over again)

I do tend to curse to a certain extent though. I'm sure I've been pinged for that.

LOL! I'll try to explain the terms for you monkey....hell we've played together enough and you should know that I show these signs from time to time! :)

I don't even know what most of the underground description means.

* You are the "human beat box" or "trash-talking chucklehead" (and proud of it). (human beat box? ? )

You beat down your opponent with insults. Like you kill me 300 times but if i kill you once....I'm not going to let you forget about it! ;)

* You rock with extreme vengeance and other totally intense buzzwords. (I use very little in the way of buzzwords)

basically you walk in guns a blazing. Think of the movie Aliens. Pvt. Hudson comes to mind.

* People shout "griefer!" and you say "Yeah, whaddaya want?" (I don't know what a griefer is)

Defn of a Griefer (from Urban Dictionary.com)

Someone, usually in an online game, who intentionally, and usually repeatedly, attempts to degrade anothers experience or torment them.

Examples of griefing:

1. Player vs player abuse: Singling out the same person and killing them over and over when they are defensless until hey log off.

2. Kill stealing: Repeatedly trying to steal another persons kills so that their time is wasted.

3. Verbal abuse: Spamming a person with vulgar, hatefull, or offensive messages.

4. Blocking: Getting in anothers way so they cannot move or get out of a particular area.

5. "Training": Triggering many monsters, almost always impossible to fight and survive, with the intention to either run someone out of an area or kill them indirectly if the server is not 'player vs player' enabled.

Griefing in massively multiplayer online role playing games are usually bannable on first offense and less common (thoguh still visably present).

Griefing is much more common on private servers for first person shooters like Counterstrike and Battlefield 1942.

Griefers and Powergamers are the 2 worst problems in online games today.

I'm not a griefer...if i steal players kills or get in there way...I don't do it on purpose. Just letting you know is all! ;)

* You take out whole teams online. Including your team. (No, I hate teamkilling, unless they are racist, homophobic, sexist, trashtalking teenagers in which case some of it occurs)

Well I think what they mean is firing into a crowd of bad guys even though you have a teammate in there with them....or say throwing a grenade to kill 3 bad guys when you have friendly units in the area too. Or shooting through friendly targets to kill the bad guys.

I've meet more gamers from Recreation or Pro that team kill then undergrounders.

* You'd rather get revenge than win. (OK, I can be bad for that. I'll try to kill the same sniper or camper or spawn-killer over and over again)

Guilty as charged! :D

I'm in rec but looking at it I probably should be in underground, especially the revenge part. I actually had to check my rep after this post, never bothered with it before but I have 100% as of today.

I don't file complaints often, I think maybe 3 times since I've been on Live but I mark players as avoided all the time, probably done that 15 times or so just in CoD4 since it came out. Can't even remember how many I marked as avoided in Halo 3. Last night in the CoD4 lobby I had a kid, sounded real young, just repeating curse words over and over and over the entire time in the lobby. I went to mark him as a player to avoid and noticed he was in the family zone, that tells me his parents probably set it up for him and sometimes monitor his play but weren't at that particular time.

I don't fit neatly into any Zone. I feel I'm more geared toward Pro, as my focus is to play the game as intended, work with my teammates, kick ass, and win, win win!

At times I can dominate multiplayer matches, even against the likes of the 'Covaks' of the world. :D But really most of my time is spent as an average to above average player, constantly trying to reattain those rare instances where the planets align and I dominate for a couple of hours.

I do like to relax and have fun playing, and since I'm not generally that dominating of a player, I've set my Zone to recreational. (I've changed it a few times back and forth between rec and pro.)

All of that said, I do stray into the underground Zone from time to time. Generally it stems from being nudged there from a hardcore underground player. Revenge is sweet, but it is sweetest against underground zoners.

Reading how Screwnut75 has described himself made me both never want to play with him again,... and play him asap and pwn his fucking ass! :chainsaw

Can we petition MS to add a new Zone for us Laid Back Fun Loving Hardcore Revenge Teabagging Whores?

How about adding a zone called "Spite-filled" or just Spiteful or maybe Spitey. I usually get pissed off at one or two particular players on the other team and in multi-team, make it my mission to prevent them from winning.

Seriously though, I wish they had a grown-up zone and somehow kept the kids out. Xanadu!!!

Reading how Screwnut75 has described himself made me both never want to play with him again' date='... and play him asap and pwn his fucking ass!

Can we petition MS to add a new Zone for us Laid Back Fun Loving Hardcore Revenge Teabagging Whores?[/quote']

....make it my mission to prevent them from winning.

Ummm guys. How do I put this...ummm that's underground talk! :D