LCVG

Next-gen's Best 30 Games Of 2007

OldDarth

Pac-Man CE (while a fine XBLA game) is not a better game than Forza 2

Really? Perspectives a bitch then because Forza couldn't wipe Pac-Man CE's ass on any given day of the week for me as far as which I'd rather be playing.;) The wonders of not being a simulation racing fan and having a completely different viewpoint on that particular comment.

Now if you say to me that Super Stardust HD should be much higher on that list then I would agree with you completely.

Ya that was sort of my point. These lists every year are silly because everyone is going to have different opinions of what makes game A better than game B. I also get a kick out of them listing 30 games. They couldn't shorten the list down to 20 or even 10? IMO these lists are lazy and exist simply to get the rabid teenage fanboys posting crazy "how could you put game A ahead of game B?!?!?" type posts. If you are going to do a "best of" then shorten the list and put a honorable mention section. Then for each game listed put reasons why it is listed where it is (possitive and negative). At least show people that some thought went into it. :)

Mmm, I agree. We could make it easy and just say Bioshock and all would be well.:)

Seriously though, listing 30 games is a bit overreaching and helps to "please" everyone by having thier favorite games appear. As you note, narrowing down to 5-10 would make it more palpable but would then garner the inevitable "but but game X deserves to be there!". For my part I've been meaning to sit down and do a "Best of" thread on the forum with very simply goals. This may spark that...

EDIT: I will say one thing, even though Super Mario Galaxy is not my personal game of the year I really have very little issue with it sitting at the top of the heap on that list. It's an f'ing fantastic game.

Pac-Man CE (while a fine XBLA game) is not a better game than Forza 2 and/or Mass Effect. It is however worse[/i'] than Uncharted.

My #1 is definitely Uncharted :slayer

That list is so out of line with my tastes I can't look. Uncharted is worlds better than half the crap they put above it!

I couldn't agree more with you guys.;)

Wow. Honestly, that was, by far, my biggest disappointment this year.

We could go at this for days. :P

My #1 is definitely Assassin's Creed :slayer

That list is so out of line with my tastes I can't look. skate. is worlds better than half the crap they put above it!

I don't know if it's me getting older or what, but I just can't emotionally respond to these lists anymore. I'm just kind of meh right now. The last time a list ever made me mad was when a music video countdown that aired on TBS during the 80's ranked "What I Am" ahead of "Sweet Child O' Mine".

I'm really kind of shocked to see so much love for Portal. Don't get me wrong its really cool but really even as I was playing it there were times when I'd get bored and want to go play something with a bit more action. It wasn't something I gelt compelled to sit down and get all the way through. It was more of a fun little diversion for me. I guess I'm just a bit surprised that people would consider it for GOTY when I just think of it as a little side project and a fun concept to build on for a future game. I'd love to see the portal gun be implemented into the next HL episode.

I'm with Romier on the Forza 2 comment. Any racing game without on-car weaponry bores me to tears. Simulation racers are even worse. It depends on your tastes.

I'll buy Pacman CE when they lower the price a little. I just can't justify $10 to buy a Pacman game yet again. Especially since I'd already purchased Ms. PacMan for XBLA. I liked the demo though.

I was surprised to see Assassin's Creed on there. Considering the very mixed opinions / reviews on it.

I was surprised to see Assassin's Creed on there. Considering the very mixed opinions / reviews on it.

I'm not. As much as I love Next Gen, they (along with 70% of the industry) have had a boner for Jade since day one.

I'd put (surprise) Uncharted at the top of my list followed by Bioshock, Mario Galaxy, COD4, and Folklore.

I'm not. As much as I love Next Gen, they (along with 70% of the industry) have had a boner for Jade since day one.

I'd put (surprise) Uncharted at the top of my list followed by Bioshock, Mario Galaxy, COD4, and Folklore.

I am a fan of Assassins Creed , and the fact that Jade worked on it had no bearing on that. I just had fun playing it. Others didn't , and I can see why they don't. Just as I really like Uncharted, and am having a fun time playing it. but its not in my top 5 games of the year.