LCVG

Xbox live 13 months $38.99

Bruce B

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just got this after ordering:

Dear Buy.com Customer,

We hope you are enjoying your recent purchase of a Xbox 360 Live 12-Month Gold Subscription Card (FREE 1 Month Bonus) . Thank you for choosing to shop with Buy.com.

We’d like to inform you that your product is eligible for an extended protection coverage or replacement plan provided by the Elite Service Plan, our trusted partner. These plans give you additional coverage beyond the manufacturer’s warranty of the product.

So tempting!

Carlos.

I hate buy.com with a passion. Nothing but bad experiences with them. Even had to file a BBB complaint against them. I say go for it, the card could get ripped or torn before you get it. Or hell, they might only send you half the code and hold the rest ransom. :)

LOL! You were partially right!

I just got the card and it is for 12, months, not the 13 months that I paid for. At least I think it's only for 12 months as it makes no mention of the +1 on the card or the packaging.

I just sent them an email demanding an explanation.

I knew I shoulda gotten that warranty!

Carlos.

Response:

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced with this order. We would like to inform you that this is a subscription card with a scratch-off area that reveals a code that you could redeem through the xbox. Instead of crediting the account with 12 months, it gives you 13 months.

When you get the card, you open the package and scratch off an area to reveal a code. You take the code and enter it into the Xbox 360 at the Dashboard Xbox Live menu where it says REDEEM CODE. Please do not share this code with anyone.

Ok, so I'm gonna open and scratch! If that thing comes back with only 12 months, there will be hell to pay. I shit you.......NOT!!!!!

Carlos.

• 1 month later...