LCVG

Tomb Raider Underworld - PS3/360

kelley

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Day one buy for me. Game looks and plays fantastic

Well dammit. I was secretly kinda hoping this would turn out to be another Angel of Darkness disaster. That way I could gleefully ignore it as crap and scratch one off the list for this holiday season. Ah well, at least Golden Axe Beast Rider lived up to my expectations :D

Seriously tho - Between Dead Space which I've just finally picked up, Fallout 3, Gears of War 2, Resistance 2, Prince of Persia, and now this looking like a lock - I clearly won't be without something to occupy my time until God of War 3 and Resident Evil 5 show up sometime next year.

Really seriously - I need to get out of the house more

lol i know how you feel. I decided to take tonight off from gaming, as I have been in albion for over a week with free time. I should be done with Fable 2 this weekend, and want to finish Dead Space next week. Then GOW2, COD:WAW, Left4Dead, TR:Underworld, etc..

Glad the demo was great. I won't complain if we get TR and Uncharted during alternating years

I had a couple of minor issues with the demo. First off, there was a jump near the start where you had to look behind you to find where to jump next & I didn't see it for about 10 minutes because the camera did not swing out to show it to you. Secondly, later in the demo there was some text that popped up to tell you what you can do with the wooden pole that you find & the text disappeared immediately so I never did know what it said. I figured out where to use it eventually.

• 4 weeks later...

Some interesting sales information on Tomb Raider Underworld (another game I want but won't be getting until the new year). It seems Tomb Raider is still heavily associated with the Playstation brand as 51% of the sales of the game have been on Sony's console..

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/new-tomb-raider-sales-lead-on-playstation-3

Sales of Eidos' Tomb Raider: Underworld are strongest on the PlayStation 3, with 51 per cent of all units sold in its first week of release on Sony's home console.

The Xbox 360 accounted for 34 per cent of sales, with the remaining sales made up of Wii, PC and DS SKUs.

Earlier this year, Eidos announced that only the Xbox 360 version of the game will benefit from two exclusive digital episodes, amounting to around six extra hours of play.

Tomb Raider: Underworld only beat the first week performance of last year's Tomb Raider: Anniversary by 6,700 units.