LCVG

Halo 3 and Mass Effect sales

General Zot

Shamelessly stolen from somewhere else:

The Major Nelson web site has revealed more info about Xbox 360 sales numbers from Microsoft. According to the note over 17.7 million Xbox 360 consoles have been sold worldwide and since its launch in mid-September over 8.1 million copies of Halo 3 have been sold. Also sales of Mass Effect have now reached 1.6 million copies.

Bolding is mine. Holy sh*&, 8.1 million copies sold in 3 months! Of course Halo 3 was going to sell like hotcakes, but that still seems crazy. Lots of adolescent boys (of all ages) running around in powered armor these days. Also, I read that the XBL problems this Xmas were caused by a massive influx of new users over the the holiday. My guess would be 75% of them were playing Halo 3.

Wow, sometimes these numbers are staggering...

Judging by how difficult it is to buy/find a premium or elite unit, the shipped vs. sold to consumer numbers must be fairly close (unlike 2006 when MS stuffed the channels and then had no shipping numbers to talk about until July 2007).

I am happy Mass Effect is doing well and I love Halo 3 so good for Bungie.

That 10.4 million from january last year was units Shipped to retailers, as they flooded the market then

Indeed. Shipments of the 360 dropped tremendously going by MS own numbers in the first half of this year. There's no fishyness or oddness by GameSpot with regards to this story.

Holy sh*&, 8.1 million copies sold in 3 months! Of course Halo 3 was going to sell like hotcakes, but that still seems crazy. Lots of adolescent boys (of all ages) running around in powered armor these days.

Hey we adult boys have fun running around in power armour these days too! :D

Yeah I figured the problems with live were from Halo 3 or Call of Duty 4. There servers were hit hard this Christmas holiday!!