LCVG

NYC Cloverfield Meet Up. This coming Friday the 18th

JoeyN

We are having a meet up to see Cloverfield this coming Friday the 18th. Plan on going to a 7:30-8ish showing so everyone can get out of work, and to the city(we will also go out to eat after the movie someplace right nearby ). Waiting to see when AMC Empire 25 will post the show times so I can say the exact time. This is the Theater info. It's right down the block from the Port Authority building so its easy to get there, and back for people inside NYC, as well as Jersey.

Address

234 West 42nd St.

New York, NY 10036

Directions

Subway:A,C,E to 42nd St-Pt Authority;N,Q,R,W,42nd St S,1,2,3,7 to 42nd St-Times

So far confirmed as going

Myself

Phil (and his girlfriend)

Dave

Todd

Angel+1

If anyone else wants to go drop me a line, and let me know in the next few days. I will probably preorder the tickets ahead of time like Dave did last time we went to see 300 as it is opening night.

Also looking forward to it although, I must say, AMC or the EWalk (if it's still called that) across the street are two of the worst places to go see a movie at. Not the theaters per se but the types of crowds that go there. Haven't been to either of them in a few years due to the types of a--holes that go and spoil the movie viewing experience.

Ok guys its not playing at AMC, but it is playing across the street at E-walk at 7:40 and 8:40 on normal screens. There is a 7 PM showing on the DLP screen but I doubt we can get there in time from here. Which time is better for you guys? 7:40 or 8:40?

7:40 won't be a problem here

I haven't but I wouldn't doubt you. :)

I meant theaters out of Manhattan although Kips Bay located at 32nd and 2nd Ave has always had good crowds. For me, the Regal theater in New Rochelle and the theater at the Palisades Center Mall are pretty good.

I understand Times Square accommodates everyone. Hopefully, the movie itself will be the most excitement we'll have that evening. ;)