LCVG

Star Trek XI Reboot - Cast Pictures Plus First Official Shots of the New Enterprise

OldDarth

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Do you know the one 'All I ask is a tall ship, and a star to steer her by...'? You could feel the wind at your back, about you...the sounds of the sea beneath you. And even if you take away the wind and the water, it's still the same. The ship is yours...you can feel her...and the stars are still there."

-- Kirk, The Ultimate Computer, Ep 53/4729.4

She looks fantastic! Great to see her again! :)

So what's the concept for this one now-just re-imagining the original timeline with a new cast? I take it this isn't going to be the "starfleet academy" idea that they talked about a while back?

Sounds like it's really kind of JJ Abrams doing "Ultimate Star Trek" in the same vein as Marvel doing Ultimate Spider-Man.

So what's the concept for this one now-just re-imagining the original timeline with a new cast? kind of JJ Abrams doing "Ultimate Star Trek" in the same vein as Marvel doing Ultimate Spider-Man.

Looks that way....

Premise

The story will focus on the earliest adventures of James T. Kirk and Spock, and will also feature appearances by the main characters from the original series.

Teaser is now up at the official site in HD now. The sense of scale is awesome.

BTW there is a viral site too - to access go to the official Star Trek and click on the red button that appears to the right of Under Construction. Or go directly to this link - http://www.ncc-1701.com

There are 4 webcams showing the ongoing construction of the Enterprise from various angles. Only three seem to be active right now. Here are their settings if you don’t want to fool around:

[CAM 1: 564, CAM 2: 125, CAM 3: 955, CAM 4: 289

Pretty cool!

Great interview with James Cawley - executive producer of the New Voyages.

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v3299904gWXrExam

Cawley managed to get on the sets to see filming of the new movie and he was blown away by what he saw. He's an obvious purist and it is extremely gratifying to see his total buy in to the vision that JJ Abrams has for Star Trek.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

This seems like a relevant thread to report the sad news of the passing of composer, conductor and orchestrator Alexander Courage who most will know as composer of the original Star Trek theme. He was 88.

http://www.filmmusicsociety.org/news_events/features/newsprint.php?ArticleID=052808

For those keen to learn of just how valuable a contribution Courage made to the filmmusic industry I highly recommend watching this documentary retrospective (in four parts) hosted by John Williams:

Me thinks the delay is due to the things JJ thought up during shooting and wants to get them on film now that the strike is over and the script can be adjusted accordingly.

No, they ad libbed on the fly. Principal photography finished in March, ahead of schedule.

TreK Movie has posted the first true significant spoiler in months.

Don't read if you want to be spoiler free.

It kills some of the rumours about Spock. Those who want to stay totally clean should avoid this.

I don't think this too spoilerish but you are warned.

No Spock in the past as a ghost! Thank God!!!!! I hated that idea.

• 1 month later...