LCVG

Tax Return 2k7 - What are you Buying?

BdoUK

Tax return time is nearly upon us. This is my first year as a home owner so I'm expecting a nice return.

Right now I'm planning on paying of my new Pioneer Elite receiver and starting to save for a new Kuro plasma.

So what are your fun plans for your 2007 tax return?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are thinking about a new fridge, my little brother came over and tried to get water and was asking where did he put the cup to get water, had to explain to him my fridge doesn't have that feature. I felt ghetto.

I'd like to get an SVS, but I've come to realize we just don't have the room in our living room.

This is the first year we'll have zero debt needing to get paid, so whatever we get (hopefully not too much) will get split between savings & going towards a new mattress, something we've been needing but putting off until the New Year & taxes were out the way.

If we get much more than I expect, I might swing a PS3. But that's not really a priority at the moment.

I'd like to get an SVS, but I've come to realize we just don't have the room in our living room.

Get rid of the couch!:rock

I think we're just putting most of it aside because my wife has to do a lot of traveling in the future to finish her P.H.D.

The balance will be used to put granite countertop in the master bathroom.

my little brother came over and tried to get water and was asking where did he put the cup to get water, had to explain to him my fridge doesn't have that feature. I felt ghetto.

:lol

About a year ago I bought a fridge with the water /ice dispenser, and I have to say it was a great purchase! We use the filtered water everyday and save $$ on the bottled water we used to buy. I bought the water line tap kit at Home Depot and installed it myself. I was fairly easy to do too. :tu

I wish I get money back. :( Most likely I will be paying more as usual. :(

Yeah, but don't you guys get "free" healthcare up in Canada-land? :)

We have to pay every year too. I'm amazed how much some of you get back. You're getting way too much taken out of your paychecks!!

No state income tax here in Texas.... I think that makes a big difference too.

No state income tax here in Texas.... I think that makes a big difference too.

might make a difference in getting a refund, but I think we Texans pay more on other taxes though (like property tax and sales tax) so it evens out in the wash, or so I've heard.

My BigOil bonus, IRS Refund, and debt-free independence day are all coinciding nicely, so we're celebrating what the hobbits refer to as "Second-Christmas" in my household in the next few months.

So far I'm getting

-my HDTV, and maybe one for the boys upstairs.

-2 Star Wars PSP's, but I'm trying to talk the boys out of one or both.

-A pink DS for my Daughter.

-new debt in the form of a car note (leaning toward the Saturn Outlook)

-maybe a PS3

-vacation in July

Carlos.