LCVG

Writers strike coming to an end

JoeyN

There are still 6 episodes of Lost that were completed before the strike started (Total of 8 with the ones that aired already). Then info at TVguide.com says they will film at least 6 more. They only planned on doing 16 episodes per season anyway, so it's looking good. By the time the current batch airs there will probably only be a week or two where there are not new episodes

There are still 6 episodes of Lost that were completed before the strike started (Total of 8 with the ones that aired already).

Holy crap you seriously know everything. I'm totally not playing pop culture Trivial Pursuit with you. Do they have "outside" where you live? ;)

I'm lazy, what are the quick and dirty results from the strike? What did they get exactly?

As far as the online stuff goes, studios can deliver streaming content online for anything between 17 and 24 days without having to pay writers anything. Beyond that writers are now entitled to a $1200 maximum fee for the first 2yrs their work is left available online via streaming (and 2% gross profits in the third year). For actual downloads I believe the writers now get a cut of up to 0.7%.

I thought they also got a 3% increase almost across the board? Just skimmed the entire thing.

Writers got an annual raise between 3 and 3.5 percent, yes.

Coming this summer: The SAG strike!