LCVG

Audiosurf: Ride Your Music ($10 Steam game)

Covak

http://www.audio-surf.com/

I was sold after watching this video: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/159449.html

Though the Steam page says "MP3s, iTunes M4As, WMAs, CDs and OGGs" it also supports FLAC (according to the official website's FAQ) :)

Comes with The Orange Box soundtrack. There's some sort of single-screen 2-player co-op, too. I'd think "How much am I actually going to play it?" if it cost more, but for $10 they've got me easy.

It's not quite as slick as that video I linked to, at least not with most of the rock I've thrown at it. Some songs are fun (I really enjoyed Born To Be Wild), but lots are just sort of a stop and go mess. Seems you don't just want a strong beat, but a fast song with constant noise, too.

The gameplay is pretty sweet, though. Cool system. I look forward to throwing a lot more music at it.

I had alot of fun today with the demo but, as Covak said - it really depends on the song. I loaded some NiN and it was a great level but, soem of the tracks on the new Cult disc didn't "fit" well and I tried a Manson song "If I was Your Vampire" and it was cool in that the intro is very slow so the intro to the level was very slow and easy then, when the song kicked in, the rest of the level (practically) was a downward rollercoaster :)

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...