LCVG

Xbox 360 Failures-Part III

Anthony G

Have you had a repair/replacement for your Xbox 360?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Have you had a repair/replacement for your Xbox 360?

• No, I'm on my first and only 360.
    • Yes, I've had one repair/replacement.
    • Yes, I've had two repair/replacements.
    • Yes, I've had more than two repair/replacements. Give me a good one already!

Still on Launch System:hide

Doesn't count my friend, you have an Elite so I'm not sure how much your launch is getting play.

Launch console here. Two additional consoles have been purchased in my household since then and both have gone in for service. One red-ringed while the other had an issue where the tray wouldn't open. Both haven't had any further issues while my launch continues to put out.

Ditto.

I should've been more clear. My console is the launch console which is the only one I use. The other two consoles belong to my 2 boys and are used solely by them. The reason I even mention the other 2 consoles is just to bring up that they've each have had their issues while mine has not.

So it counts buddy boy. :)

I should've been more clear. My console is the launch console which is the only one I use. The other two consoles belong to my 2 boys and are used solely by them. The reason I even mention the other 2 consoles is just to bring up that they've each have had their issues while mine has not.

So it counts buddy boy. :)

Consider myself corrected. :)

This morning before work I downloaded N+ and played a little bit of it on my 3rd XB360 (second replacement since the original died in October 2007). I was very close to buying a new 360 before coming home since the one MS sent me has always sounded like it's going to die again, but I decided to hold off. Around 530pm I get home and turn it on and after about 10minutes of playing an XBL Arcade game, the system shrieks and starts flashing the three red lights again.

I called MS and they said that since this is my third time to send in the machine, the "repair" will be expedited so it shouldn't take very long. How about that...so many people have had to send in their console at least three times that there is now a policy to expedite the 3rd+ repair. Ugh.

I am still on my launch day unit. It red-ringed once a little more than a year ago, I had to turn it on its side so it would read discs for a little while(it is now flat again), and it makes some strange noises now and then especially when powering down, but it is still going. It just won't quit...yet.

• 3 weeks later...

Had my first red ring experience this morning. While playing COD4 the game locked up. It had done this before about a week ago so I didn't think much of it, reboot and started playing again. 1 minute late it locked again. Powered off, unplugged HD, plugged everything back in, crossed my fingers and went back into COD4. 30 seconds later it locked up only this time when I tried to boot up it red ringed. My manufacturing date is Mar 2006 I believe. Oh well. I'll call MS today for a coffin. In the meantime this gives me an excuse to buy a new one then I'll try to sell off my refurbished when it returns 6-8 weeks later. Ugh.

Had my first red ring experience this morning. While playing COD4 the game locked up. It had done this before about a week ago so I didn't think much of it, reboot and started playing again. 1 minute late it locked again. Powered off, unplugged HD, plugged everything back in, crossed my fingers and went back into COD4. 30 seconds later it locked up only this time when I tried to boot up it red ringed. My manufacturing date is Mar 2006 I believe. Oh well. I'll call MS today for a coffin. In the meantime this gives me an excuse to buy a new one then I'll try to sell off my refurbished when it returns 6-8 weeks later. Ugh.

Basically the same thing happened to me woo, last week. I'm giving my old one away to a friend that hasn't been able to afford one. (good deed! :) )

But basically the same thing happened to me with frontlines. I went out and bought an Elite. It's nice, black, quiet and produces hardly any heat. It was made in December of 2007. Don't forget to send away for the transfer cable so that you can move your old data to your new harddrive!! Somebody posted the info for me....I think it was Romier!