LCVG

Is that A chainsaw in your pocket or is GOW 2 coming? :)

SCREWNUT

It's official as of this morning!!!

Check out the teaser trailer! The good old black and decker gun is back!!!! :rock:rock

Gears of War 2 was officially announced for the Xbox 360 today during Microsoft's keynote address at the Game Developers Conference. Epic Games is back behind the sequel, which Cliff Bleszinski said will be "bigger, better, and far more badass in every way."[

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3166410

Consider this the offical GOW2 thread with a strange title.

Count me excited. GOW1 was an experiment of sorts for EPIC. Now they know and see the importance of this new franchise. This is probably Epic's biggest priority game of all time. Building off the foundation of the previous game, I can't be anything but excited. I loved the coop campaign. I loved the cover stop and pop mechanic and roady run. And yes, I loved the graphics.

Next year, be prepared for "Gear Wars" the RTS.

GOW2 is right up there in my most anticipated titles this year (along with NGII which all of a sudden took a huge leap up my list. I'm really into games like DMC/NG now). After seeing the updates shown off today for the Unreal engine, I can't wait to see what they can do this time around. I liked the story/co-op much more in the long run then the multiplayer. I can go back and enjoy it anytime. Multiplayer was a blast at first, but with the exploits and bugs it became broken IMO, and was never really fixed. Hopefully this time they test it a lot more. A beta would nice to get things ironed out more

Multiplayer was a blast at first, but with the exploits and bugs it became broken IMO, and was never really fixed.

Lets just hope they realize what the online game is like when your not the host. In other words lets hope they go with client side hit detection this time around. The majority of the "bugs" in the online portion of the game seem lag related.

I hear a lot of people complain about lag problems, but hell, I've never played an online game without bitching about lag - every single one.

I don't recall ever complaining about lag in COD4, Ghost Recon, Halo (the rare times I play it), etc. There are games that just handle it well and some that don't. GOW is the absolute worst game lag wise in recent memory. I truely believe it was designed to run on system link or in house network at Epic. :) Every single GOW game I played I always seemed to complain about it at some point (unless I ever host which was always rare because it felt like cheating). Give me client side hit detection and matchmaking and I'll get excited. Until then I'm not really all that excited for GOW2. GOW has left a bad taste in my mouth especially after recently playing it again after being so used to COD4.

The problem I had with Gears' online as far as lag goes is that very seldom could you 'see' the lag (folks skipping around, etc.). For me it felt like the client side was often showing you something vastly different than what the server side was registering for hits. It just made things feel inconsistent for me.

That said, Gears was, along with RS:V, still the most fun I've had online with the 360. And going through the co-cop online with Anthony was a blast. So it's definitely something to look forward to. :)

Major hotness.

2279437859_248da26525.jpg

Lately I've had tons of COD4 games with major lag issues.

Been playing COD4 every day on the PS3 and every experience is smooth as butter. ;)

My friend still plays on the 360 daily and he has only complained of a little lag.

Looking forward to Gears 2. Hopefully the online isn't buggy as shit like the 1st game. Gears Co-Op is a blast.

-Dean-

Major hotness.

2279437859_248da26525.jpg

Yeah. Look at that sucker. Beautifully designed. Teeth are sharp and aligned perfectly. That slick, long, black body just makes you want to drop to your knees and beg for buttermilk! :slayer

Talking about the gun...not the guy. The guy does nothing for me!! :P