LCVG

Where is everyone?

Camp

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay i got one for you......

Anyone have any good ideas on how to beat a speeding ticket in court?

I probably have gotten 8-10 speeding tickets in my life and knew I was wrong and just paid them. The one I got recently, the cop was a dick and it was a dark congested morning and I think he had his head completely embedded in his ass and gave me a ticket. I jawed with the cop pretty good and almost got my ass in more trouble. My court date for the ticket is March 4th.

I looked on the ticket, which was for doing 49 in a 35, and none of the boxes are checked for radar, estimate etc.

Any good tactics to win?

A Loonng time ago I read a book called "Beating the Radar Rap", and in it dude discussed tactics on how to beat a ticket in court.

I don't recall too many specifics, but I do recall that when you are pulled over, you should ask to see the readout on the radar gun, ask if it was set to stationary or in-motion, and some other questions. He also talks about ways to represent yourself in court.

I've never had to use the info in the book though. Might be a good read for you to help prepare.

Edit: I just read some of the reviews and it looks like this book was never updated for Laser radar, so who knows if it would be any good at all.

Carlos.

I probably have gotten 8-10 speeding tickets in my life and knew I was wrong and just paid them. The one I got recently, the cop was a dick and it was a dark congested morning and I think he had his head completely embedded in his ass and gave me a ticket. I jawed with the cop pretty good and almost got my ass in more trouble. My court date for the ticket is March 4th.

I looked on the ticket, which was for doing 49 in a 35, and none of the boxes are checked for radar, estimate etc.

Any good tactics to win?

Look presentable, be nice, and apologize to the court :)

A couple of years ago, I got pulled over for doing 65 in a 45 mph zone. This was a day or two after my birthday and I have not yet received my new registration for my car yet. So that was two strikes against me. Then the cop pointed out that my drivers license was also expired. The cop was cool though, he only ticketed me for the expired license. The last time I got a ticket for speeding has to be at least 15 years ago. He did point out though that he patrols this area and he would be watching out for me since I drive a bright red Pontiac Trans Am.

I'm getting ready to be gone for almost 6 weeks, 2 weeks in San Fran, 1 week in Dallas, and then 3 in Denver.

Also I'm still pissed about being a footnote on Dean's birthday post. I pay for this place I deserve my own fucking birthday post.

Stop deleting naked women from threads and you will get your own birthday wish.

Youre going to have a lot to delete when I return from Cancun this year.

Well, about a week ago Slickdeals had a thread regarding a Circuit City closeout on Boston Acoustic Bravo II Speakers, each speaker was regularly $200-250, and is on clearance for $50 new, and the open box price is YYMV. I ended up hitting a few CC's, and ended up picking up two new @ $50 and five open box for $35 ea.

Of course speakers are useless unless you hook them up to something. I picked up a refurbished Onkyo 605 for $305 shipped. This slippery of course is leading to,... my first surround system!

That's why I've been LCVG MIA. I've been whoring on other forums for HT tidbits, ordering cables and such from Monoprice, and acquiring a few missing pieces from Boston Acoustics,... etc.

Technically I've whored LCVG's HT threads also, but I haven't really been posting anywhere, just doing a whole lot of reading and learning.

In addition to the the Bravo's and the 605, I picked up a Acoustech H-100 Subwoofer.

H100.jpg

I'm keeping tight (see cheap) on the budget, since this is my first dabble in this type of setup. I was hoping to pick up an SVS PB10 Sub from their B Stock page, but I never saw one hit the B stock and I decided to go with the cheaper H-100 for $215. The H-100 is supposed to be a very good sub in it's own right.

Anyone here ever had an H-100?

I've received everything from Boston Acoustics and the 605 from Onkyo. I'm still waiting on the Sub, and the Monoprice stuff. I'll be working on the 605 and speaker setup this weekend.

So, for about $870 I should have a fairly decent entry level sound system. I'm excited to get everything together and put my new PS3 and Blu-ray collection to work. :rock I have about 11 new Blu-rays I'm dieing to watch, but I'm torturing myself because I'm holding out till the sound is set.

Since you asked,...that's it, that's where I've been. :D

(BTW, I'll welcome your suggestions, advice and sharing your HT setup experiences. :tu)

Busy. Life, work...general everyday issues. I'm working on trying to move up at work and it's a great deal of work both during work hours and outside of work as well. It doesn't leave as much time to post and do what I normally do around here. It sucks and I miss the everyday interaction I have with the forum and playing with the guys online but in the end my career, my daughter and trying to get ahead are taking precedence lately. I still post what I can, when I can though.;)

Working. The project I'm on right now is CT scanning ancient scrolls and segmenting/unwrapping them so you can read them without ever physically unrolling them. Then I'll spend 3 months in London, 1 for trying to apply that tech to a 3000 year old Egyptian scroll, 2 for 3D laser scanning on a different project that has already been accepted to a conference (no pressure). 5 days in Finland in the middle to present at another conference. Before and after I'm trying to schedule non-destructive testing on another set of scrolls with different properties. Somehow I have to do all this between the large number of meetings just spent talking about doing all this. :P